Large File Uploads

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by James Jones, Sep 28, 2006.

  1. James Jones

    James Jones Guest

    I have a site that i upload files to that are no bigger than 100MB.

    we upload about once a day, and use FTP......

    we would like to be able to do it from the site itself.

    any idea where i can get a script? i cant register components with my
    hosting company i dont think. i go thru godaddy.com

    need a good free asp upload script. cant find any that work. Huge ASP Upload
    doesnt even work on the demo page, let alone on my own page

    any help greatly apprecaited!!!

    James Jones
    James Jones, Sep 28, 2006

  2. FTP keeps an open socket for upload, which is safer than an HTTP upload. In
    order to set up a file upload, you will have to make sure you have a long
    enough timeout. If the app times out, it fails. If you want it in the site,
    an ActiveX control is an option that uses FTP in the background, or similar.
    Youc an find ASP upload scripts, but the upload script is only one part; you
    stil have to increase timeout.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside of the box!
    "James Jones" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 28, 2006