Large File Uploads

James Jones

I have a site that i upload files to that are no bigger than 100MB.

we upload about once a day, and use FTP......

we would like to be able to do it from the site itself.

any idea where i can get a script? i cant register components with my
hosting company i dont think. i go thru godaddy.com

need a good free asp upload script. cant find any that work. Huge ASP Upload
doesnt even work on the demo page, let alone on my own page

any help greatly apprecaited!!!

James Jones

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

FTP keeps an open socket for upload, which is safer than an HTTP upload. In
order to set up a file upload, you will have to make sure you have a long
enough timeout. If the app times out, it fails. If you want it in the site,
an ActiveX control is an option that uses FTP in the background, or similar.
Youc an find ASP upload scripts, but the upload script is only one part; you
stil have to increase timeout.