    YorkCity phone book, let's assume it was. If someone used an online form
    toaccess it with xml databinding, how would the client handle it. ? Would
    itonly allow say the first 10,000 lines to load like some text readers?
    boomer, Nov 9, 2003

  2. boomer

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:02:37 GMT, "boomer" <> wrote:

    >I am a student at a State University in Upstate New York. In my XML class
    >aquestion was posed concerning data binding.

    That datafld / datasrc stuff in the browser ?

    It just doesn't work. Run _away_ from that stuff !

    In general, don't "handle" "large" XML files.

    XML documents aren't databases. They're poor at search and filter
    operations, whether you're using DOM or XSLT. Although you can use a
    huge XML document as a container for data transferred between
    applications as one block, it;s generally a good idea that any
    filtering tasks should be done as you build the XML document, only
    putting into it what you need.

    Andy Dingley, Nov 10, 2003