Large files handling

boomer

I am a student at a State University in Upstate New York. In my XML class
aquestion was posed concerning data binding. When an exceptionally
largefile is accessed by the client when using databinding, how is it
handled?For example, knowing that databinding would not be used for the New
YorkCity phone book, let's assume it was. If someone used an online form
toaccess it with xml databinding, how would the client handle it. ? Would
itonly allow say the first 10,000 lines to load like some text readers?

Andy Dingley

I am a student at a State University in Upstate New York. In my XML class
aquestion was posed concerning data binding.

That datafld / datasrc stuff in the browser ?

It just doesn't work. Run _away_ from that stuff !

In general, don't "handle" "large" XML files.

XML documents aren't databases. They're poor at search and filter
operations, whether you're using DOM or XSLT. Although you can use a
huge XML document as a container for data transferred between
applications as one block, it;s generally a good idea that any
filtering tasks should be done as you build the XML document, only
putting into it what you need.