Large table shifts to right while loading

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Dec 17, 2005.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    I have a table that is about 100 rows long and within that table I have tons
    of links. The table takes about 2 seconds to load. I think javascript might
    help somehow.

    The problem is that in FireFox and Netscape, as this document is written the
    page is being formated while this table is loading, and because the table is
    centered horizontally and I have some right-aligned divs above that, the
    table will appear to the right side of the screen for a second while it is
    loaded (until the document gets to the point where those right-aligned divs
    close). I'll try to explain better...

    <some divs around here that are right aligned>
    LOTS OF STUFF HERE

    The problem is that FireFox and Netscape will do this:

    <some divs around here that are right aligned>
    LOTS!!! OF STUFF HERE

    FireFox and Netscape will SHOW the page right now, while it is loading
    (IE does not).. and because there are some unclosed right aligned divs, the
    table jumps from right to left as it loads.

    And finally, after a couple more seconds:

    <close all the right aligned divs>

    And now the table jumps back to the center where it belongs.
    I wish I could change the format of the page and remove some tables, but it
    is huge, and its not my code.

    What can I do about this?
    Richard, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    never mind.. I'm having to rebuild the entire page using divs instead of
    tables.

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > I have a table that is about 100 rows long and within that table I have

    tons
    > of links. The table takes about 2 seconds to load. I think javascript

    might
    > help somehow.
    >
    > The problem is that in FireFox and Netscape, as this document is written

    the
    > page is being formated while this table is loading, and because the table

    is
    > centered horizontally and I have some right-aligned divs above that, the
    > table will appear to the right side of the screen for a second while it is

    has

    Richard, Dec 18, 2005