    I know it is a broad question but I can't remember seeing any MS
    guidance on how to manage a large site.

    Thanks for any help.

    HankD, Mar 20, 2005

  2. HankD

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    > know it is a broad question but I can't remember seeing any MS guidance on
    how to manage a large site.
    Kind of like the way the directions for a circular saw don't include
    guidance on how to build a house?

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Mar 21, 2005

  3. If building a large web site were so easy that we could give you a quick and
    conclusive answer here, then I suspect we'd all be out of work soon.
    That said, you might look here for some guidance:
    http://www.dotnetnuke.com/

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 21, 2005
  4. HankD

    KMA Guest

    Come on chaps, it's a reasonable enough question, isn't it? Given the brief,
    is it better to make one application or split the task into several apps?
    The OP has even given a specific problem that he thinks he might encounter,
    namely referencing one projects URL from another app. Does anyone know a
    clever way to do this? Can a folder in one application be "mapped" to a
    common folder?

    KMA, Mar 21, 2005
  5. HankD

    HankD Guest

    I do appreciate your humor but not necessarily your reply. I am simply
    looking for some "best practices" not a construction team.

    HankD, Mar 21, 2005