large XML files

Mike Schilling

Lew said:
None in common use. The usual XSLT and XPath processors assume a DOM.

Not exactly. Xalan (the default XPath and XSLT processor found in the JRE)
builds a DTM (Document Table Model), which represents the document as a set
of arrays, mostly arrays of integers but a few arrays of String as well.

Arne Vajhøj

I read a sentence about SAX that lead me to believe it too read the
whole file into RAM, it just did not create a DOM tree. I am glad that
is not true.

Any link to that "sentence" ?

There really would not be that much point in SAX if it
did read everything into memory.

Arne