Last Call for Papers (extended): The World Congress on Engineering WCE 2007

Discussion in 'Java' started by imecs__2007@iaeng.org, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Last CFP (extended): The World Congress on Engineering WCE 2007
    From: IAENG - International Association of Engineers

    World Congress on Engineering 2007
    Official WCE Congress Web Page:
    http://www.iaeng.org/WCE2007

    WCE Important Dates:

    Draft Paper Submission Deadline (extended): 22 March, 2007
    Camera-Ready papers & Pre-registration Due: 3 April, 2007
    WCE 2007: 2-4 July, 2007

    The WCE 2007 is organized by International Association of Engineers
    (IAENG), a non-profit international association for the engineers and
    the computer scientists. The congress has the focus on the frontier
    topics in the theoretical and applied engineering and computer science
    subjects. The WCE conferences serve as good platforms for our members
    and the entire engineering community to meet with each other and to
    exchange ideas. The recent IAENG conference has attracted more than
    one thousand participants from over 30 countries. Our congress
    committees have been formed with over two hundred and eighty
    committees members who are mainly research center heads, faculty
    deans, department heads, professors, and research scientists from
    different universities like Cambridge, MIT and Oxford etc.

    =============
    WCE Congress Co-chairs

    Prof. David WL Hukins, CPhys, FinstP, FIPEM, FRSE
    Professor of Bio-medical Engineering
    Head of Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering,
    University of Birmingham, UK

    Prof. Andrew Hunter
    Professor & Head of Department
    Head of Vision and AI Research Group,
    Department of Computing and Informatics,
    Lincoln University, UK

    Prof. Alexander M. Korsunsky
    Professor of Engineering Science
    Dean, Trinity College
    Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, UK

    Prof. Leonid Gelman (honorary co-chair)
    Professor and Chair in Vibro-Acoustic Monitoring,
    Chairman of COMADIT, British Institute of NDT,
    Director, Centre of Vibro-Acoustics and Fatigue,
    Department of Process and Systems Engineering, School of Engineering
    Cranfield University, UK

    Dr. Christopher John Hogger (honorary co-chair)
    Senior Lecturer
    Department of Computing
    Imperial College London, UK

    Prof. Darek J. Ceglarek (ICMEEM honorary co-chair)
    Professor, International Manufacturing Centre, University of Warwick,
    UK
    Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
    The University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
    Fellow of CIRP; Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Automation
    Science and Engineering, and ASME Transactions on Manufacturing
    Science and Engineering

    Dr. Stephen Payne (ICSBB honorary co-chair)
    University Lecturer in BioMedical Engineering
    Dean of Degrees Keble College, Head of Physiological Understanding
    through Modelling, Monitoring and Analysis Group,
    Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, UK

    The conference proceedings will be published by IAENG (ISBN:
    978-988-98671-5-7) in hardcopy. The full-text congress proceeding will
    be indexed in major database indexes so that it can be assessed
    easily. The Technology Research Databases (TRD) of CSA (Cambridge
    Scientific Abstracts), DBLP and Computer Science Bibliographies have
    promised to index the print proceeding in advance of its publication.
    And after the publication of the proceeding, print copies will also be
    sent to databases like IET INSPEC, Engineering Index (EI) and ISI
    Thomson Scientific for indexing. The accepted papers will also be
    considered for publication in the special issues of the journal
    Engineering Letters. Some participants may also be invited to submit
    extended version of their conference papers for considering as book
    chapters (soon after the conference).

    The following conferences are held as parts of the WCE 2007:

    ICAEM'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Applied and Engineering
    Mathematics

    ICCIIS'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Computational Intelligence and
    Intelligent Systems

    ICCSDE'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Computational Statistics and Data
    Engineering

    ICCSE'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Computer Science and Engineering

    ICDMKE'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Data Mining and Knowledge
    Engineering

    ICEEE'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Electrical and Electronics
    Engineering

    ICFE'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Financial Engineering

    ICIE'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Information Engineering

    ICISIE'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Information Security and Internet
    Engineering

    ICME'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Mechanical Engineering

    ICMEEM'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Manufacturing Engineering and
    Engineering Management

    ICPDC'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Parallel and Distributed
    Computing

    ICSBB'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Systems Biology and
    Bioengineering

    ICSIE'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Signal and Image Engineering

    ICWN'07
    The 2007 International Conference of Wireless Networks

    =========
    Submission:

    WCE 2007 is now accepting manuscript submissions. Prospective authors
    are invited to submit their draft paper in full paper (any appropriate
    style) to WCE{at}iaeng.org by 6 March, 2007. The submitted file can be
    in MS Word format, PS format, or PDF formats.

    The first page of the draft paper should include:
    (1) Title of the paper;
    (2) Name, affiliation and e-mail address for each author;
    (3) A maximum of 5 keywords of the paper.

    Also, the name of the conference that the paper is being submitted to
    should be stated in the email.

    It is our target that the reviewing process and the result
    notification for each submitted manuscript can be completed within one
    month from its submission. The reviewing process is to ensure the
    quality of the accepted papers in the WCE congress. The conferences
    have enjoyed high reputation among many research colleagues ( for
    example, see the http://cs.conference-ranking.net/ or http://www.conference-ranking.com/
    or http://www.conference-ranking.org/cs.html ).

    More details about the WCE 2007 can be found at:
    http://www.iaeng.org/WCE2007/index.html
    http://www.iaeng.net/WCE2007
    http://www.iaeng.com/WCE2007

    More details about the International Association of Engineers, and the
    IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, and the IAENG
    International Journal of Applied Mathematics can be found at:
    http://www.iaeng.org/about_IAENG.html
    http://www.iaeng.org/IJCS/index.html
    http://www.iaeng.org/IJAM/index.html
    The official journal web site of Engineering Letters at:
    http://www.engineeringletters.com
    Other Engineering Letters web sites at:
    http://www.engineeringletters.com
    http://www.engineeringletters.net
    http://www.engineeringletters.org
    http://www.engineeringletter.com
    http://www.engineerletters.com
    http://www.engineerletter.com

    ********
    It will be highly appreciated if you can circulate these calls for
    papers to your colleagues.
    , Mar 5, 2007

  2. Re: Last Call for Papers (extended): The World Congress on EngineeringWCE 2007

    wrote:
    > Last CFP (extended): The World Congress on Engineering WCE 2007
    > From: IAENG - International Association of Engineers

    Hkw is this the last call, when you make another "Last Call" later?

    --
    Dave (from the UK)

    It is always of the form:

    http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database
    Dave (from the UK), Mar 7, 2007

  3. Re: Last Call for Papers (extended): The World Congress on EngineeringWCE 2007

    Dave (from the UK) schrieb:
    > wrote:
    >> Last CFP (extended): The World Congress on Engineering WCE 2007
    >> From: IAENG - International Association of Engineers

    > Hkw is this the last call, when you make another "Last Call" later?

    Announcements for conferences on wildly differring topics are most often
    a sham, intended to collect fees from scientists who desperately need to
    be published on a conference paper.
    A second "last call" probably means not enough people fell for it.

    Just my interpretation.

    Regards,
    Jo
    Joachim Durchholz, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Matt Mahoney Guest

    On Mar 7, 5:25 am, Joachim Durchholz <> wrote:
    > Dave (from the UK) schrieb:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > >> Last CFP (extended): The World Congress on Engineering WCE 2007
    > >> From: IAENG - International Association of Engineers

    > > Hkw is this the last call, when you make another "Last Call" later?

    > Announcements for conferences on wildly differring topics are most often
    > a sham, intended to collect fees from scientists who desperately need to
    > be published on a conference paper.
    > A second "last call" probably means not enough people fell for it.
    >
    > Just my interpretation.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jo

    http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

    -- Matt Mahoney
    Matt Mahoney, Mar 8, 2007
  5. Re: Last Call for Papers (extended): The World Congress onEngineering WCE 2007

    "Matt Mahoney" <> writes:

    > On Mar 7, 5:25 am, Joachim Durchholz <> wrote:
    >> Dave (from the UK) schrieb:

    >> > Hkw is this the last call, when you make another "Last Call" later?

    >> Announcements for conferences on wildly differring topics are most often
    >> a sham, intended to collect fees from scientists who desperately need to
    >> be published on a conference paper.
    >> A second "last call" probably means not enough people fell for it.
    >>
    >> Just my interpretation.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Jo

    > http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

    Thanks, I've been looking for that.

    It looks as if the IAENG is another "project" of Nagib Callaos who is
    referenced at the scigen pages. "I have a great sadneess".

    I think there are other here that can confirm that?

    Regards -- Markus
    Markus E Leypold, Mar 8, 2007
  6. Lew Guest

    Markus E Leypold wrote:
    > "Matt Mahoney" <> writes:

    >>> Announcements for conferences on wildly differring topics are most often
    >>> a sham, intended to collect fees from scientists who desperately need to
    >>> be published on a conference paper.
    >>> A second "last call" probably means not enough people fell for it.
    >>>
    >>> Just my interpretation.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Jo

    >> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

    > Thanks, I've been looking for that.
    >
    > It looks as if the IAENG is another "project" of Nagib Callaos who is
    > referenced at the scigen pages. "I have a great sadneess".
    >
    > I think there are other here that can confirm that?

    I love that link. Unfortunately the scammers-that-be in this type of operation
    probably don't really give a shit that the papers are fake as long as the
    check clears.

    -- Lew
    Lew, Mar 9, 2007
  7. Re: Last Call for Papers (extended): The World Congress onEngineering WCE 2007

    Lew <> writes:

    > Markus E Leypold wrote:

    >>> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

    >> Thanks, I've been looking for that.
    >> It looks as if the IAENG is another "project" of Nagib Callaos who is
    >> referenced at the scigen pages. "I have a great sadneess".
    >> I think there are other here that can confirm that?

    > I love that link. Unfortunately the scammers-that-be in this type of
    > operation probably don't really give a shit that the papers are fake
    > as long as the check clears.

    Well. If their operation is pointed out often enough in public, less
    gullible scientists (i.e. poor people needing publications urgently)
    will fall for them.

    They have, I note, already changed the name of their conferences a bit
    :).

    Let's attach a warning to any "call for papers" from them that turns
    up in a news group we read. That should put some spanner in their
    works.

    (But first check wether we are right in our suspicion).

    If any scientist of reputation here could vouchsafe for the IAENG
    here, I'd be also happy.

    Regards -- Markus
    Markus E Leypold, Mar 9, 2007