Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

"The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
the spirit of God a divide."

Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
2nd April 2005

--
the divinity of Christ. In Him, then, and through Him, we know God. Apart
from Him, and without the Scripture, without original sin, without a

But we know at the same time our wretchedness; for this God is none other
than the Saviour of our wretchedness. So we can only know God well by
knowing our iniquities. Therefore those who have known God, without knowing
their wretchedness, have not glorified Him, but have glorified themselves.
Quia... non cognovit per sapientiam... placuit Deo per stultitiam
praedicationis salvos facere.92

548. Not only do we know God by Jesus Christ alone, but we know ourselves
only by Jesus Christ. We know life and death only through Jesus Christ.
Apart from Jesus Christ, we do not know what is our life, nor our death, nor
God, nor ourselves.

Thus without the Scripture, which has Jesus Christ alone for its object, we
know nothing, and see only darkness and confusion in the nature of God and
in our own nature.

549. It is not only impossible but useless to know God without Jesus Christ.
They have not departed from Him, but approached; they have not humbled
themselves, but...

Quo quisque optimus est, pessimus, si hoc ipsum, quod optimus est, adscribat
sibi.93

550. I love poverty because He loved it. I love riches because they afford
me the means of helping the very poor. I keep faith with everybody; I do not
render evil to those who wrong me, but I wish them a lot like mine, in which
I receive neither evil nor good from men. I try to be just, true, sincere,
and faithful to all men; I hav