Latent semantic indexing, but for other languages than English ?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Nuralanur@aol.com, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    -------------------------------1142160540

    Dear authors of the classifier library,
    Dear all,

    I have been using your library to summarize English texts and find
    it very nice. Thank you for it!
    Somewhere, you use the Porter stemmer to chop off word
    endings from English words. Now , I would like to use your
    library in combination with any of the stemmers for other
    languages,e.g., from the page

    _http://www.unine.ch/info/clef/_ (http://www.unine.ch/info/clef/)

    to treat texts in other languages than English.
    How could that be done ?
    Thank you for your help,
    Axel

    , Mar 12, 2006