latest C standard version

Matt

I want to know what is the latest C standard version? Is it C99? There
are many terms I have heard, including C98, C99, C9X. Or should we
call ANSI/ISO C?

Please advise. Thanks!!

Mark A. Odell

(e-mail address removed) (Matt) wrote in

I want to know what is the latest C standard version? Is it C99?
Yes.

There
are many terms I have heard, including C98, C99, C9X. Or should we
call ANSI/ISO C?

I think ISO C describes it now.

Dan Pop

In said:
(e-mail address removed) (Matt) wrote in

I think ISO C describes it now.

ISO C can easily mean different things to different people. It means C90
in the FAQ, for example. Much better to use names like C89, C90, C99,
N869 (when referring to the last public draft of C99), that leave no
room for confusion.

Although C89 and C90 are the same standard, the section numbering is
different, so the distinction is relevant only when posting references
to chapter and verse.

Dan