Latest C Version

kUfa

Hi there,

I was wondering.. what s the latest official version of C. Is it the ISO 9899,
with the 2001's modifications?

Moreover one of my friend was asked during an interview, which new C
functionality you don't have in C++. Weird one.

in comp.lang.c i read:
I was wondering.. what s the latest official version of C. Is it the ISO 9899,
with the 2001's modifications?

yes -- iso/iec 9899:1999 as corrected by iso/iec 9899/cor1:2001. your
country may have adopted and published it under their own standards system,
e.g., in the usa the national standard is incits/iso/iec 9899-1999 (with
the same iso corrigendum).

kUfa

Ok cool thanks very much indeed! Anyway, do you have an idea of a "new" feature
only available in C and not in c++. I still dont get what the guy who gave the
interview wanted..

/David

-- Before C++ we had to code all of bugs by hand; now we inherit them.

Jack Klein

Hi there,

I was wondering.. what s the latest official version of C. Is it the ISO 9899,
with the 2001's modifications?

Moreover one of my friend was asked during an interview, which new C
functionality you don't have in C++. Weird one.

There's a lot of C functionality in C99 that is not in C++. Just a
few off the top of my head:

- variable length arrays

- restrict type qualifier

- new meaning for static with array parameters to functions

- signed and unsigned long long and <stdint.h> typedefs

- functions to control floating point environment

While you can implement a C99 compatible <stdint.h> for any conforming
C++ compiler (excluding long long), you can't provide any of the
others unless using some non-standard compiler extensions.

There are other features that could be added to this list as well.