    --

    /David

    -- Before C++ we had to code all of bugs by hand; now we inherit them.

    kUfa, Jun 12, 2004

  2. in comp.lang.c i read:

    >I was wondering.. what s the latest official version of C. Is it the ISO 9899,
    >with the 2001's modifications?

    yes -- iso/iec 9899:1999 as corrected by iso/iec 9899/cor1:2001. your
    country may have adopted and published it under their own standards system,
    e.g., in the usa the national standard is incits/iso/iec 9899-1999 (with
    the same iso corrigendum).

    --
    a signature

    those who know me have no need of my name, Jun 12, 2004

  3. kUfa

    kUfa Guest

    Ok cool thanks very much indeed! Anyway, do you have an idea of a "new" feature
    only available in C and not in c++. I still dont get what the guy who gave the
    interview wanted..

    kUfa, Jun 12, 2004
  4. kUfa

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:48:23 +0100, "kUfa" <> wrote in
    comp.lang.c:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I was wondering.. what s the latest official version of C. Is it the ISO 9899,
    > with the 2001's modifications?
    >
    > Moreover one of my friend was asked during an interview, which new C
    > functionality you don't have in C++. Weird one.

    There's a lot of C functionality in C99 that is not in C++. Just a
    few off the top of my head:

    - variable length arrays

    - restrict type qualifier

    - new meaning for static with array parameters to functions

    - signed and unsigned long long and <stdint.h> typedefs

    - functions to control floating point environment

    While you can implement a C99 compatible <stdint.h> for any conforming
    C++ compiler (excluding long long), you can't provide any of the
    others unless using some non-standard compiler extensions.

    There are other features that could be added to this list as well.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Jun 12, 2004