Latest FOX release: what ver. #; how to get it/install it?

Richard Lionheart

Hi,

I've seen some references to Fox 1.2. But the comments have led me to
believe it has not yet been released.

In my Fox folder on Windows 2000Pro, I:\Program
Files\Ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\fox, the version.rb file defines
fxrubyversion which returns "1.0.25".

Am I correct that 1.0.25 is the current production version? If not, what
is, where do I get it, and is there anymore involved than unziping it to
replace the contents of the folder cited above?

Finally, is there a better way to ascertain the latest version other than
posting a question like this?

Regards,
Richard

Richard Lionheart

Hi Lyle,

Thanks again for such a comprehensive answer. I save them in my RubyNotes
file.

I'm still chewing on your explanation of Ruby/FXRuby's object models,
especially the comment about users mistakenly adding new icons within a loop
rather than using a single instance. When I've thought about it enough,
I'll post my appreciation for your explanation ... or my contrary view,
despite my limited experience with Ruby, etc. I guess they call that hubris
:)

Regards,
Richard