Latest recommendable Eclipse 3 version before M9

Hero Wunders

Hello!

I have downloaded the new version (M9) of Eclipse 3.0.
I hoped to use a stable version with just a few bugs, but I got a real
shock! Some menus (like File, Navigate or Help) are stretched over the
whole screensize (and even more), so I cannot see any menutexts, only
the icons of the entries.
Furthermore some settings are not applied; I can press the Apply button
as much often as I want, nothing happens. Some settings at the same tab
(for example the highlighting of the current line) work...

I just wanted to know:

1. Do you have such problems, too?
2. Which version would you advise me, preferentially one WITH code folding..

I am quite disappointed that a Milestone version has so many problems...
I know that it is impossible to write software that runs everywhere but
nevertheless it is infuriating.

Thanks in advance,
herojoker