Latest Security and 404 errors for Web Services

Cedric

Hello,

We have set up the latest security update on our servers (February
2005). Though after this update none of our .NET web services keep
working, they send the HTTP 404 error message.

We even tried to create the simpliest Hello World .NET web service and
deployed it to the server with the usual way, and it send back a 404 errors.

Any thought or solution for this?

Best Regards,
Cédric

Cedric

Well,

We have checked the permissions and they seem ok, we have even tried to
set the permission again on the root folder in case of, but it didn't
change anything.

The weirdest thing is that even a fresh new made "Hello World" web
service send back the 404 error too.

Juan T. Llibre a écrit :

Juan T. Llibre

If you're running IIS 6.0, check to see
if the ASP.NET versions you have installed
are set to "Allowed" in the IIS MMC's
"Web Service Extensions" tree node.

Cedric

Unforunately, we are running IIS 5.0 with a Windows 2000 Server
environment. The .NET Framework is 1.1.

This is a development server, the other server used in live environment
has the same settings and seems to have passed without problem this
security update.

Thanks a lot for your help:)

If you need further information on our server settings to help I could
provide it.