    Use the START button? Then you need CSFastRunII...
    A new kind of application launcher integrated in the taskbar!
    ScreenShot - http://www.consiliumsoft.com/ScreenShot.jpg

    Ralph Krausse, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Ralph Krausse wrote:

    > What is the latest version of javascript? 1.2? Who manages this?
    > NetScape? Who comes out with new versions? How does these changes get
    > into Netscape and Explorer? How can I find what browsers support what
    > version?

    The JavaScript version implemented/used in Netscape 6/7 and Mozilla is
    JavaScript 1.5, the scripting engine used is a C implementation called
    Spidermonkey that is developed by now as a part of the open source
    project mozilla.org, see
    http://www.mozilla.org/js/
    http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/
    Note that the engine only implements the so called core language as
    specified by the ECMAScript edition 3 standard, most objects you use
    when scripting HTML pages in a browser are not part of that core
    language but are so called host objects provided by the browser's object
    model (which by now usually includes the W3C DOM (document object model).
    So asking what browsers support what JavaScript version is usually not
    what you are looking for, by now IE 5.5/6, Netscape 6/7, Mozilla,
    FireFox, Opera 7 all have scripting engines pretty much complying with
    the ECMAScript edition 3 standard while their support for the W3C DOM
    object model differs, IE has been stagnant for years and implements only
    DOM Level 1 while Netscape 7, Mozilla, Opera 7 have varying support for
    the W3C DOM Level 2 modules with Mozilla leading for some time but Opera
    catching up, in particular when Opera 7.60 comes out there will be an
    Opera version that for the first time implements DOM modules like DOM
    Level 3 Load and Save that Mozilla doesn't implement.

    See also the FAQ:
    http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ2_6
    http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ2_8

    --