latex/bibtex python paper?

schwehr

Hi All,

Does anyone have a good template that I might use for writing a python
paper in latex/bibtex? I've got the paper mostly done, but am having
issues with the references. I am definitely not an expert at
latex/bibtex. Right now, I have references defined like this:

@article{imp,
title = {imp -- Access the import internals},
journal = "http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-imp.html",
author = {Python Software Foundation},
year = {2005}
}

When I cite these, I get something like this (Foundation[2005]). Is
anyone willing to offer up a tarball of a complete paper with sty and
bst that would make for a nice python paper?

Thanks!
-kurt
http://schwehr.org/software/segy-py

Florian Diesch

Does anyone have a good template that I might use for writing a python
paper in latex/bibtex? I've got the paper mostly done, but am having
issues with the references. I am definitely not an expert at
latex/bibtex. Right now, I have references defined like this:

@article{imp,
title = {imp -- Access the import internals},
journal = "http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-imp.html",
author = {Python Software Foundation},
year = {2005}
}

When I cite these, I get something like this (Foundation[2005]). Is
anyone willing to offer up a tarball of a complete paper with sty and
bst that would make for a nice python paper?

I would use

@Manual{imp,
title = {imp -- Access the import internals},
key = {imp},
organization = {Python Software Foundation},
address = {\url{http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-imp.html}},
year = 2005
}

You need hyperref for \url.
With \bibliographystyle{apalike} I get imp (2005), but that depends on what
you want your references look like. I think you better ask in a TeX group
about that.

Florian

Jorgen Grahn

Hi All,

Does anyone have a good template that I might use for writing a python
paper in latex/bibtex? I've got the paper mostly done, but am having
issues with the references. I am definitely not an expert at
latex/bibtex. Right now, I have references defined like this: ....

When I cite these, I get something like this (Foundation[2005]). Is
anyone willing to offer up a tarball of a complete paper with sty and
bst that would make for a nice python paper?

You really, really should Google around for BibTeX information, or ask in a
TeX newsgroup. (Unless I misunderstood you, and Python is somehow involved
as something more than the subject of your paper?)

I have used BibTeX in the past, but forgotten the details. Getting the exact
citation style you want is tricky (and you didn't even say what you wanted
the citations to look like). There seem to be many newer, contributed
styles which aren't trivial to find without help.

/Jorgen