    post the minor births of ideas you could have.

    Thanks a lot.

    -m
    oziris, Jul 15, 2005

  2. oziris

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 15 Jul 2005 01:31:12 -0700, "oziris" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Does anyone already succeed in running an executable file from a Jar,
    >or know how to? The final aim is to perform that via Java Webstart -
    >which needs all application files be in a Jar file.

    I have even done it from a signed Applet, allowing for one click
    installs, not counting the grant.

    As I said, the hardest part is deciding where to put it.

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 15, 2005

  3. oziris

    wrote or quoted :

    >The only derived way I've found consists in copying the file under the
    >local disk (via InputStream and OutputStream) and running it from this
    >location.

    Read http://mindprod.com/jgloss/image.html

    about all the different ways you can get images. The same logic
    applies to files. In your case you would pack the exe in your jar, and
    use getResource or getResourceAsStream.

    Once getResource gives you the URL, ask the file i/O amanuensis to
    show you how to read the raw byte stream from an URL.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/fileio.html

    If you want me to write you a sample JAWS app that unpacks an exe into
    the current directory as a temporary file and executes it, I will do
    that for $50 US.

    You could then flesh out that skeleton.

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 15, 2005