Launch .exe file from a Jar via Java WebStart

oziris

Hi!

Does anyone already succeed in running an executable file from a Jar,
or know how to? The final aim is to perform that via Java Webstart -
which needs all application files be in a Jar file.

Here my first draft...

--- code ---
URL executable = getClass().getClassLoader().getRessource(...);
Runtime runtime = Runtime.getRuntime();
runtime.exec(executable);
--- /code ---

.... but that doesn't work. Note that, except for the .exe files, Java
Webstart deals property with all other ones. Seemingly it's the fact
that the file is *executed* (in opposition to *read*) that fails.

The only derived way I've found consists in copying the file under the
local disk (via InputStream and OutputStream) and running it from this
location.

Even you don't know the precise answer, don't hesitate still and all to
post the minor births of ideas you could have.

Thanks a lot.

-m