    a graph based upon the input parameters.

    I am reading about the Process class and wondering if that is the best
    approach to this. Can you recommend a KB article?
    Caroline, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Hi Caroline,

    Welcome to MSDN newsgroup.
    Regarding on the question you mentioned, are you doing the obj in classic
    ASP page or ASP.NET webapplication? If ASP.NET, since the .NET framework
    has provide rich BCL for doing process launch , monioring task, we can
    easily use the System.Diagnostics.Process class to perform the work.

    If it's the classic ASP page, we are limited to the scripting means,
    generally the most common means is to use The WScript.Shell object to
    execute extneral command line file or executable file, here is a tech
    article dicussing on this:

    #How do I execute a ping command from ASP, and retrieve the results?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2033

    You can also find some other articles or threads on the web.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------
    | From: "=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2xpbmU=?=" <>
    | Subject: Launch Executable
    | Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:54:03 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general
    |
    | I'd like to launch an executable file from a web page. Basically, the
    user
    | enters seven parameters and then clicks a button to generate a graph.
    The

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 20, 2005

  3. Caroline

    Caroline Guest

    Hi Steven,

    I am using ASP.Net. Thanks for the article reference. I'll read it now.

    Best,

    Caroline

    Caroline, Sep 20, 2005
  4. Caroline wrote:
    > Hi Steven,
    >
    > I am using ASP.Net. Thanks for the article reference. I'll read it
    > now.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 20, 2005
  5. Hi Caroline,

    Here is another KB article discussing on spawn new process in ASP.NET which
    running under the imperosated security context:

    #How to spawn a process that runs under the context of the impersonated
    user in Microsoft ASP.NET pages
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=889251

    In addition, next time for ASP.NET questions, please feel free to post in
    the

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 21, 2005