    Is it possible in the html to make the link open in internet explorer as an
    explorer view instead?

    Many thanks in advance
    Marty, Feb 8, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Marty" <>
    writing in news:55Ejl.6920$2:

    > Sorry if this isn't the right newsgroup to post in...
    >
    > I've got a customized home page with a shortcut to a network location
    > which when opened in internet explorer provides an explorer interface
    > to edit/move/copy etc. the files.
    > In Firefox it just loads a read only view of files in the location.
    >
    > Is it possible in the html to make the link open in internet explorer
    > as an explorer view instead?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance

    Yes, when you make the shortcut, specify which browser in the command
    line. You will have to Google for it though, I don't remember the
    parameters.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 8, 2009

  3. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Thanks Adrienne,
    It is possible using html then.

    Marty, Feb 8, 2009
  4. Marty

    John Hosking Guest

    Marty wrote:

    [top-posting fixed]

    > "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Marty" <>
    >> writing in news:55Ejl.6920$2:
    >>
    >>> Sorry if this isn't the right newsgroup to post in...
    >>>
    >>> I've got a customized home page with a shortcut to a network location
    >>> which when opened in internet explorer provides an explorer interface
    >>> to edit/move/copy etc. the files.
    >>> In Firefox it just loads a read only view of files in the location.
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible in the html to make the link open in internet explorer
    >>> as an explorer view instead?
    >>>

    >> Yes, when you make the shortcut, specify which browser in the command
    >> line. You will have to Google for it though, I don't remember the
    >> parameters.
    >>

    > Thanks Adrienne,
    > It is possible using html then.

    No, it's not. I believe Adrienne's pointing to making a change in your
    OS (or rather, shell). As I assume you're using some flavor of Windows,
    you'd need to make some change either to the one particular shortcut or
    file (right-click the file, from the context menu select Properties,
    under "Opens with:" click on Change, select Internet Explorer [or
    whatever program]) or all files of that type (in Windows Explorer select
    Tools, Folder Options, File Types, and then change the program for HTM
    or HTML [or both] file types).

    Possibly you'll need to refine the modification to include some
    parameter to do the explorer view, which is what I think Adrienne says
    you should search for (I don't know either), but it's nothing to do with
    your HTML's content.

    In future, please don't top-post. And please do trim signatures.

    HTH

    --
    John
    The UIP still lives: http://improve-usenet.org/