Launching a COM server on separate thread from your Application

tomar

Hi all,

I have created a desktop application on windows xp. I want it to
expose one
method implementing COM. this will be running on a separate thread So
that another application send some request to it.

I want to develop it without using mfc and atl. I have created it but
registered it on the name of main application. But when I want to
call
its method from another application. I don't get Interface pointer
while application is finding clsid and Interface id.

Am I doing something wrong like registration with main application
name or something else.
Is this possible to launch a COM server on a separate thread within
your application.

Please help me.

Regards,
Dharmendra Singh Tomar
MetaDesign

red floyd

tomar said:
Hi all,

[all sorts of COM stuff with no C++ language content redacted]

Please help me.
Here's your help. Ask on a newsgroup where COM is topical.

Look for a newsgroup with "COM" or "Microsoft" or "Windows" in its name.

tomar

tomar said:
[all sorts of COM stuff with no C++ language content redacted]
Please help me.

Here's your help. Ask on a newsgroup where COM is topical.

Look for a newsgroup with "COM" or "Microsoft" or "Windows" in its name.

Hi floyd,

Sorry but I understood that its forum about C++ So there is no need to
tell that Application was made in C++... Sorry for that..
I was trying this all in VC++.

Please suggest me.

Regards,
Dharmendra Singh Tomar
Metadesign

red floyd

tomar said:
tomar said:
Hi all,
[all sorts of COM stuff with no C++ language content redacted]
Please help me.
Here's your help. Ask on a newsgroup where COM is topical.

Look for a newsgroup with "COM" or "Microsoft" or "Windows" in its name.

Hi floyd,

Sorry but I understood that its forum about C++ So there is no need to
tell that Application was made in C++... Sorry for that..
I was trying this all in VC++.

Yes, but this group is about the C++ language as defined by ISO. COM is
not relevant.

Please suggest me.

See the FAQ: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9