    for a pdf document, but Adobe Reader doesn't start. Is there a
    special call I will have to use in the HTML code instead of ahref to
    get Reader to launch?
    Greg, May 26, 2004

  2. Greg

    Andrei Guest

    Greg wrote on 26 May 2004 10:12:59 -0700:

    > for a pdf document, but Adobe Reader doesn't start. Is there a
    > special call I will have to use in the HTML code instead of ahref to
    > get Reader to launch?

    You chould subclass wxHtmlWindow and implement the OnLinkClicked methos:
    def OnLinkClicked(self, linkinfo):
    # do something with linkinfo.GetHref()

    That "something" could be a system command to open the Href with the
    default app for that file type.

    --
    Yours,

    Andrei

    =====
    Real contact info (decode with rot13):
    . Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq
    gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.
    Andrei, May 27, 2004

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Thanks Andrei, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that, although
    it seems easy enough. It appears to be not an issue now as we're
    launching a tab using wxIEHtmlWin for the service documentation, and
    Adobe Reader launches from there just by using the *.pdf link.

    Greg, Jun 1, 2004