launching Adobe Reader from wxHTMLwindow

Greg

I have some html code that is displayed on a wxHTMLwindow in a Python
application. One of the ahref links is to a pdf document. When I
click the link, I get what appears to be some sort of header material
for a pdf document, but Adobe Reader doesn't start. Is there a
special call I will have to use in the HTML code instead of ahref to
get Reader to launch?

Andrei

Greg wrote on 26 May 2004 10:12:59 -0700:
for a pdf document, but Adobe Reader doesn't start. Is there a
special call I will have to use in the HTML code instead of ahref to
get Reader to launch?

You chould subclass wxHtmlWindow and implement the OnLinkClicked methos:
def OnLinkClicked(self, linkinfo):
# do something with linkinfo.GetHref()

That "something" could be a system command to open the Href with the
default app for that file type.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Real contact info (decode with rot13):
(e-mail address removed). Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq
gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.

Greg

Thanks Andrei, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that, although
it seems easy enough. It appears to be not an issue now as we're
launching a tab using wxIEHtmlWin for the service documentation, and
Adobe Reader launches from there just by using the *.pdf link.