    Is it possible to do this? If so, Can anyone please suggest how to
    accomplish this.

    Thanks in advance

    =?Utf-8?B?TVM=?=, Jan 17, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TVM=?=

    Spam Catcher Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?TVM=?=" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an Gui Application written in C#.net. Is it possible to launch
    > my application from a web application. I also need to pass a parameter
    > to this application so that appropriate data is loaded based on user
    > Id.
    >
    > Is it possible to do this? If so, Can anyone please suggest how to
    > accomplish this.

    Yes, the System.Diagnostic.Process.Start will allow you to execute an
    applcation.

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Spam Catcher, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Where do you want it to run? On the client machine or on the server?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Hi Eliyahu,

    I want user's from differnt part of the world to visit our site using web
    browser. On the site there is a button. On clicking button it will start the
    Application passing the user id to the application.

    I was thinking of running on a Server as the company does not want to
    distribute it's properitery application and also Application accesses
    database located at company site.

    What would you suggest running on Server or Client?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TVM=?=, Jan 18, 2006
  5. You cannot have a desktop Windows application running on the web server and
    displaying the rich interface on the user’s browser.

    If you want the GUI interface of the Windows application to display to the
    user then it can only be done for users that can trust the executable file to
    run on their own desktop.

    This means that such solution is only suitable for intranet users (internal
    employees within the organization). Then you can pass parameters through the
    URL the executes the program, e.g.
    http://ntranet.mycompany.ca/myapplication.exe?param1=test&param2=test2

    The Windows application can use the Environment.CommandLine to pick up the
    entire URL and parse it to get any parameters that you passed through to it.
    The Environment.GetCommandLineArgs returns a collection where the first
    element is the path on the server for the IEExec.exe file and the second
    argument is the URL line (including your passed parameters) plus a GUID.

    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, Jan 19, 2006
  6. Do you want the user to use the application GUI or the database access
    features only?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 19, 2006
  7. hi Eliyahu,

    I need to use both GUI and database access.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TVM=?=, Jan 19, 2006
  8. As Phillip explained, I can't make any use of the GUI running on server
    side. If it is a .net application, it should be possible to organize the
    data access functionality into a separate code library and access it from a
    regular asp.net application that you will need to build to replace your
    windows GUI.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 22, 2006