launching background thread in asp.net web application.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ashish, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. Ashish

    Ashish Guest

    I have a component, that is used by a web application, it is invoked by
    the application through reflection.

    I have a static class in this componenet, from which iam launching a
    thread that should run for the lifetime of that componenent.

    When i try to run the code i get the JIT debugging error, and the worker
    process crashes, there is not much information in the error log,
    I added the ASPNEt user to the denugger group, but now the application
    just loads forever,

    can someone point out what should i be looking at ?

    any comments or pointers would be appreciated

    TIA
    -ashish

    Ashish, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Ashish

    Spam Catcher Guest

    Ashish <> wrote in news:eBy2yf0BGHA.312
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > I have a component, that is used by a web application, it is invoked by
    > the application through reflection.
    >
    > I have a static class in this componenet, from which iam launching a
    > thread that should run for the lifetime of that componenent.
    >
    > When i try to run the code i get the JIT debugging error, and the worker
    > process crashes, there is not much information in the error log,
    > I added the ASPNEt user to the denugger group, but now the application
    > just loads forever,

    Does this component invoke fine in say a VB.NET Winforms app?

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Spam Catcher, Dec 23, 2005