launching executable from web browser?

hellrazor

Hi,

Basically, I'm trying to replicate what these guys do:

http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/q/launchinie.asp

Installation of their program requires registering a DLL, and registering a
list of "allowed URLs" into a registry entry.

After that, you instantiate the object with javascript and you can launch
any local executable from a web browser, without having to configure any
security settings or such.

Question is, how do I go about replicating what they did? any leads?

Thanks.

Jorge

Aidy

You can create a COM object with no client warning as long as it is marked
as being safe for scripting. When you install their DLL it will be marking
itself safe for scripting at the same time. You can now instantiate that
COM object via client-script and have it start any EXE it is configured to
do.