Launching frame from modal dialog

Hawkan

I have opened up an instance of a subclass to JDialog, which was made
modal when it was displayed. Based on some interaction in this window, I
want to open another frame . But when I do that, the subframe is "dead",
i.e. doesn't react to input at all. This happens even if I first set the
modal property of the parent to false before showing the subwindow. Does
anyone know how I can get around this?

Knute Johnson

I have opened up an instance of a subclass to JDialog, which was made
modal when it was displayed. Based on some interaction in this window, I
want to open another frame . But when I do that, the subframe is "dead",
i.e. doesn't react to input at all. This happens even if I first set the
modal property of the parent to false before showing the subwindow. Does
anyone know how I can get around this?

An example would have been really nice.

Have you tried closing the JDialog first?