Launching the contents of a website when there is a link to it

Guest

I have two pages, the first page containing a link to a second webpage that
has html for the current time, however I would like the contents of the
second page to be executed once someone comes on the first page.

What do I have to insert in the html of the second page to indicate that it
should be executed if it is opened or linked to?

Martin Jay

Nospam said:
I have two pages, the first page containing a link to a second webpage that
has html for the current time, however I would like the contents of the
second page to be executed once someone comes on the first page.

What do I have to insert in the html of the second page to indicate that it
should be executed if it is opened or linked to?

If you have PHP on your server you could use

<?php
include 'file.php';
?>

Or if your server understands Server Side Includes (SSI):

<!--#include virtual="file.php" -->

Benjamin Niemann

Nospam said:
I have two pages, the first page containing a link to a second webpage
that has html for the current time

There is not HTML that could do this. You are probably talking about
client-side scripting (JavaScript) or server-side scripting (PHP, ASP, perl
and many others).
Best would be to provide an URL, so we can actually see, what you are trying
to do.