    second page to be executed once someone comes on the first page.

    What do I have to insert in the html of the second page to indicate that it
    should be executed if it is opened or linked to?
    Nospam, May 18, 2006

  2. Nospam

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <aXYag.14910$z%>, Nospam
    <> writes
    >I have two pages, the first page containing a link to a second webpage that
    >has html for the current time, however I would like the contents of the
    >second page to be executed once someone comes on the first page.
    >
    >What do I have to insert in the html of the second page to indicate that it
    >should be executed if it is opened or linked to?

    If you have PHP on your server you could use

    <?php
    include 'file.php';
    ?>

    Or if your server understands Server Side Includes (SSI):

    <!--#include virtual="file.php" -->
    --
    Martin Jay
    Martin Jay, May 18, 2006

  3. Nospam wrote:

    > I have two pages, the first page containing a link to a second webpage
    > that has html for the current time

    There is not HTML that could do this. You are probably talking about
    client-side scripting (JavaScript) or server-side scripting (PHP, ASP, perl
    and many others).
    Best would be to provide an URL, so we can actually see, what you are trying
    to do.

    --
    Benjamin Niemann
    Email: pink at odahoda dot de