    Word.Document object. You have to create the Application object before you
    can create the Document object, so does the Application need the same DCOM
    settings to be applied to it?

    Waldy, Feb 13, 2006

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257757

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 13, 2006

  3. Waldy

    Waldy Guest

    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Waldy wrote:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257757

    Hi Bob, thanks for replying, what information in that article did you mean
    to draw my attention to? There is no mention of the error or the object
    anywhere in the document. I have already followed the steps in the link
    that shows you how to run Word under a named account.

    Waldy, Feb 14, 2006
  4. Waldy wrote:
    > "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >> Waldy wrote:
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257757
    >>

    > Hi Bob, thanks for replying, what information in that article did you
    > mean to draw my attention to?

    I meant the part that says "do not do this."
    :)

    > There is no mention of the error or
    > the object anywhere in the document. I have already followed the
    > steps in the link that shows you how to run Word under a named
    > account.

    Given that I have never attempted to automate an Office application in ASP
    code, the only help I could offer was that article. Sorry.

    You might want to look at this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270906/

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET