    The server side CGI could talk to a Java program and
    create/search and place booking in the XML database.

    Is this a good ide?
    shoe, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Andrew Thompson, Sep 28, 2004

  3. shoe

    Ann Guest

    "shoe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I like to create a booking system on the
    > web for people to make reservation in the
    > laundry room.
    >
    > This is my ide. A webserver with cgi send pages to the
    > klient and the klient kan then search and make booking.
    >
    > The server side CGI could talk to a Java program and
    > create/search and place booking in the XML database.
    >
    > Is this a good ide?

    Would someone just steal your computer
    out of the laundry room late at night?
    Ann, Sep 28, 2004
  4. shoe

    NOSPAM Guest

    not good enough, you probably need to write an algorithm to control an X10
    device to control the door lock/washing machine. The application then
    checks the userid/password to make sure that is the right person. otherwise,
    anyone can go into your laundry room. maybe you want to implement the eye
    or fingerprint scanning system too.

    NOSPAM, Sep 28, 2004
  5. shoe

    Mickey Segal Guest

    "shoe" <> wrote in message
    >I like to create a booking system on the
    > web for people to make reservation in the
    > laundry room.

    Is this something you really want to do, or an exercise for a computer
    science classes?
    Mickey Segal, Sep 28, 2004
  6. shoe

    shoe Guest

    "Mickey Segal" <> wrote in message news:<cjcjci$791$>...
    > "shoe" <> wrote in message
    > >I like to create a booking system on the
    > > web for people to make reservation in the
    > > laundry room.

    > Is this something you really want to do, or an exercise for a computer
    > science classes?

    OK i got busted! This is a school thing..eheh.
    But I still need some advice in the right direction.
    What if there are 50 people making bookings at the same time?
    Is the XML database good. we are not alowed to use SQL.

    thanks!
    shoe, Sep 29, 2004
  7. On 29 Sep 2004 02:05:18 -0700, shoe wrote:

    > OK i got busted! This is a school thing..eheh.

    Feel frre to ask it on the appropriate group, described here..

    A quick note for future referecne..

    > Is this a good ide?

    The word you are after is spelt 'idea', note the 'a'.
    The letters 'ide' are too easy to mistake with IDE
    (integrated development environment).

    Further..

    > This is my ide. A webserver with cgi ..

    Please be precise in technical forums, acronyms are
    uppercase -> CGI

    >...send pages to the
    > klient and the klient kan then search and make booking.

    Do the clients have web access? If so, I do not understand how
    'CGI' fits the picture, the user's get HTML forms and confirmations,
    the rest is done on the server.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 29, 2004
  8. On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:06:21 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > The word you are after is spelt 'idea', note the 'a'.

    So Andrew, how's your Swedish spelling?

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Sep 29, 2004
  9. On 29 Sep 2004 14:50:23 +0200, Gordon Beaton wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:06:21 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:

    (re 'ide')
    >> The word you are after is spelt 'idea', note the 'a'.

    > So Andrew, how's your Swedish spelling?

    Terrible. ..but I should point out I usually ignore spelling
    mistakes unless I feel it might lead to confusion.

    How's your Eclipse/Netbeans/..? ;-)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 29, 2004
  10. On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:24:48 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > How's your Eclipse/Netbeans/..? ;-)

    Not nearly as good as my Swedish!

    /gordon (emacs user)

    Gordon Beaton, Sep 29, 2004
  11. shoe

    andreas Guest

    > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:24:48 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >> How's your Eclipse/Netbeans/..? ;-)

    > Not nearly as good as my Swedish!
    >
    > /gordon (emacs user)
    >
    > --
    > [ do not email me copies of your followups ]

    that's where i fit in: my english is as good as my swedish :)

    well, i think andrew made the right point here. first asking
    for help in really bad english, then the apology written perfectly.
    nice "disguise"...

    andreas
    andreas, Sep 29, 2004
  12. On 29 Sep 2004 15:39:44 +0200, Gordon Beaton wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:24:48 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >> How's your Eclipse/Netbeans/..? ;-)

    > Not nearly as good as my Swedish!

    But the '.de' is German, right?

    > /gordon (emacs user)

    Dang! I was trying to recall that name. ( hence the '/..' ;-)

    I use TextPad myself. Which I do not think is actually
    considered to be an IDE, though you *can* compile/launch
    from within the editor itself.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 29, 2004
  13. On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:20:58 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > But the '.de' is German, right?

    '.de'?

    /gordon (uncertain)

    Gordon Beaton, Sep 29, 2004
  14. On 29 Sep 2004 16:36:09 +0200, Gordon Beaton wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:20:58 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >> But the '.de' is German, right?

    > '.de'?
    >
    > /gordon (uncertain)

    LOL! Ironic we were discussing spelling. I had
    always read your address as '(the rest) . d e'

    My apologies.

    --
    Andrew Thompson ( clueless ;-)
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 29, 2004