laundry room help!

shoe

I like to create a booking system on the
web for people to make reservation in the
laundry room.

This is my ide. A webserver with cgi send pages to the
klient and the klient kan then search and make booking.

The server side CGI could talk to a Java program and
create/search and place booking in the XML database.

Is this a good ide?

Ann

shoe said:
I like to create a booking system on the
web for people to make reservation in the
laundry room.

This is my ide. A webserver with cgi send pages to the
klient and the klient kan then search and make booking.

The server side CGI could talk to a Java program and
create/search and place booking in the XML database.

Is this a good ide?

Would someone just steal your computer
out of the laundry room late at night?

Guest

not good enough, you probably need to write an algorithm to control an X10
device to control the door lock/washing machine. The application then
checks the userid/password to make sure that is the right person. otherwise,
anyone can go into your laundry room. maybe you want to implement the eye
or fingerprint scanning system too.

Mickey Segal

shoe said:
I like to create a booking system on the
web for people to make reservation in the
laundry room.

Is this something you really want to do, or an exercise for a computer
science classes?

shoe

Mickey Segal said:
Is this something you really want to do, or an exercise for a computer
science classes?

OK i got busted! This is a school thing..eheh.
But I still need some advice in the right direction.
What if there are 50 people making bookings at the same time?
Is the XML database good. we are not alowed to use SQL.

thanks!

Andrew Thompson

OK i got busted! This is a school thing..eheh.

Feel frre to ask it on the appropriate group, described here..

A quick note for future referecne..
Is this a good ide?

The word you are after is spelt 'idea', note the 'a'.
The letters 'ide' are too easy to mistake with IDE
(integrated development environment).

Further..
This is my ide. A webserver with cgi ..

Please be precise in technical forums, acronyms are
uppercase -> CGI
...send pages to the
klient and the klient kan then search and make booking.

Do the clients have web access? If so, I do not understand how
'CGI' fits the picture, the user's get HTML forms and confirmations,
the rest is done on the server.

--
Andrew Thompson

andreas

Not nearly as good as my Swedish!

/gordon (emacs user)

that's where i fit in: my english is as good as my swedish :)

well, i think andrew made the right point here. first asking
for help in really bad english, then the apology written perfectly.
nice "disguise"...

andreas

Andrew Thompson

Not nearly as good as my Swedish!

But the '.de' is German, right?
/gordon (emacs user)

Dang! I was trying to recall that name. ( hence the '/..' ;-)

I use TextPad myself. Which I do not think is actually
considered to be an IDE, though you *can* compile/launch
from within the editor itself.

--
Andrew Thompson