Layered Open Source Software in C

Shreyas

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Does anyone know of any modern examples of open source software
implemented in ANSI-C using a truly layered architecture (preferably
in an OO fashion)?

I'd like to get a feel for what the industry best practices are in
ANSI-C these days. I'm reasonably experienced in C but I don't have
much experience writing layered code in it. I've mainly been using
structural decomposition for most of my programs.

Roland Pibinger

Does anyone know of any modern examples of open source software
implemented in ANSI-C using a truly layered architecture (preferably
in an OO fashion)?

I'd like to get a feel for what the industry best practices are in
ANSI-C these days. I'm reasonably experienced in C but I don't have
much experience writing layered code in it. I've mainly been using
structural decomposition for most of my programs.

SQLite http://www.sqlite.org/arch.html

Nick Keighley

James Kuyper

Nick said:
CBFalconer <[email protected]> writes:

<snip>

OP asked for "good examples of 'layered' software"
*blink*

Quite unbelievable.

"if (copying) master->htbl[h] = item;"

Yuck

Why? Taken out of context. I can't see a problem.
Oh wait, is is "debugger unfriendly"?
You aren't complaining about the *layout* are you?

Lurkers: Richard <unknown> has some odd ideas.

If that's what Richard <unknown> is complaining about, I agree with him
(and CBFalconer most emphatically does not). However, making this much
fuss about such a minor point seems an overreaction (and therefore quite
typical of Richard <unknown>).

CBFalconer

Nick said:
Richard said:
CBFalconer <[email protected]> writes:

<snip>

OP asked for "good examples of 'layered' software"

*blink*
Quite unbelievable.
"if (copying) master->htbl[h] = item;"
Yuck

Why? Taken out of context. I can't see a problem.
Oh wait, is is "debugger unfriendly"?
You aren't complaining about the *layout* are you?

Lurkers: Richard <unknown> has some odd ideas.

You are answering a pure troll. This applies to both Richard the
lastnameless and Twinkletoes. Their only objective appears to be
to disturb the newsgroup.