    thanks,
    --
    Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBLZWVnc3RyYQ==?=, Mar 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBLZWVnc3RyYQ==?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    You'll have to dynamically generate images on the server using the GDI APIs.
    There's a MSDN article on this (for things like PieCharts) here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/ASPDraw/

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 28, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBLZWVnc3RyYQ==?=

    darrel Guest

    > Basically, I'd like to select an option, post back to generate the
    > appropriate image (by overlaying on image on top of the other(s)) and

    display
    > the resulting page. Can anyone point me to sample code or a useful

    tutorial
    > in this regard?

    alternatively, if you have a controlled user space (ie, you know exactly
    what browser they will be using and if they have javascript or not) you
    could do this on the front-end as well using transparent GIFs and layered
    and positioned divs.

    I imagine this is also doable via a Flash interface.

    -Darrel

    darrel, Mar 28, 2005
  4. Your suggestion is kinda what I had in mind, however, I'm not sure how to
    implement it. Can you provide me with a link to a basic implementation of
    this concept or a sample solution? I am hoping to avoid using a flash
    interface - the business team doesn't want to require a flash install to use
    the solution.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBLZWVnc3RyYQ==?=, Mar 28, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBLZWVnc3RyYQ==?=

    darrel Guest

    > Your suggestion is kinda what I had in mind, however, I'm not sure how to
    > implement it. Can you provide me with a link to a basic implementation of
    > this concept or a sample solution? I am hoping to avoid using a flash
    > interface - the business team doesn't want to require a flash install to

    use
    > the solution.

    Off the top of my head, you'd do something like this:

    - create your images in a image-editor with layers (like photoshop or
    fireworks).
    - export all your layers as transparent gifs.
    - Then, you can simply layer them in your web page by using relative
    positioning and z-index css attributes. Ie, position every image at the same
    x/y coordinates, but give them all different z-indexes.

    Then, just turn off/on each layer as needed either via javascript, or do a
    postback and just write out the specific images in the HTML.

    -Darrel

    darrel, Mar 28, 2005