    in the nav overlap the form and hence the form elements show through the
    layer.

    Am I right in thinking there is no workaround for this?
    Andrew Banks, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Andrew Banks wrote:
    > I'm building a page with a search form and drop down navigation. The layers
    > in the nav overlap the form and hence the form elements show through the
    > layer.

    First of all, what the heck is a layer? http://dorward.me.uk/www/layers/
    In any case, we really need a URL. All of our crystal balls were stolen
    and are currently being used for bowling.
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Andrew Banks

    rf Guest

    "Andrew Banks" <> wrote in message
    > I'm building a page with a search form and drop down navigation. The

    layers
    > in the nav overlap the form and hence the form elements show through the
    > layer.
    >
    > Am I right in thinking there is no workaround for this?

    You are correct.

    Either move the form elements away from the dropdown or make them invisible
    when the dropdown is down (messy).

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Andrew Banks

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:06:04 GMT, rf declared in alt.html:

    > Either move the form elements away from the dropdown or make them invisible
    > when the dropdown is down (messy).

    Or rethink the idea of having a dropdown menu in the first place.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Dec 23, 2003