    someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and take
    jpgs off your website? Thanks.
    , Jul 29, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I apologize if there's another place I should be asking this: Could
    > someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and take
    > jpgs off your website? Thanks.

    Easy, in your HTML markup do not reference any images! Seriously, the
    answer is with HTML it cannot be done, and in JavaScript you can give
    the "illusion" that the images cannot be download but is is just that,
    only an illusion.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 29, 2006

  3. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I apologize if there's another place I should be asking this: Could
    >> someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and
    >> take jpgs off your website? Thanks.

    > Easy, in your HTML markup do not reference any images! Seriously, the
    > answer is with HTML it cannot be done, and in JavaScript you can give
    > the "illusion" that the images cannot be download but is is just
    > that, only an illusion.

    ...and makes your site feel so ... amateurish!

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 29, 2006
  4. Sid Guest

    On 28 Jul 2006 20:18:27 -0700, wrote:

    : I apologize if there's another place I should be asking this: Could
    : someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and take
    : jpgs off your website? Thanks.

    Keep your images on your c:drive, locked away.

    Sid
    Sid, Jul 29, 2006
  5. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> I apologize if there's another place I should be asking this: Could
    >>> someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and
    >>> take jpgs off your website? Thanks.

    >> Easy, in your HTML markup do not reference any images! Seriously, the
    >> answer is with HTML it cannot be done, and in JavaScript you can give
    >> the "illusion" that the images cannot be download but is is just
    >> that, only an illusion.

    > ..and makes your site feel so ... amateurish!

    Ditto on that!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 29, 2006
  6. Chaddy2222 Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I apologize if there's another place I should be asking this: Could
    > > someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and take
    > > jpgs off your website? Thanks.
    > >

    > Easy, in your HTML markup do not reference any images! Seriously, the
    > answer is with HTML it cannot be done, and in JavaScript you can give
    > the "illusion" that the images cannot be download but is is just that,
    > only an illusion.

    That's a good point.
    I was just thinking though, could you not place your pics in an
    external CSS file and place a display none reference on all images in
    the stylesheet?.
    A bit of a random idea of mine I know, but it might work (to an
    extent).
    Chaddy2222, Jul 29, 2006
  7. Chaddy2222 wrote:

    > I was just thinking though, could you not place your pics in an
    > external CSS file and place a display none reference on all images in
    > the stylesheet?.

    So to stop people downloading the images, you set them as background images
    which don't get displayed?

    Anyone interested could still look through the source code, and anyone else
    wouldn't be able to see the images ... making it pointless to upload them
    in the first place.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jul 29, 2006
  8. jojo Guest

    Chaddy2222 wrote:

    [how can I save images from being downloaded using HTML?]

    >> Easy, in your HTML markup do not reference any images! Seriously, the
    >> answer is with HTML it cannot be done, and in JavaScript you can give
    >> the "illusion" that the images cannot be download but is is just that,
    >> only an illusion.

    > That's a good point.
    > I was just thinking though, could you not place your pics in an
    > external CSS file

    Place images in a CSS file??????

    > and place a display none reference on all images in
    > the stylesheet?.
    > A bit of a random idea of mine I know, but it might work (to an
    > extent).

    Would have the opposite effect of what the OP wants. You don't see the
    images but they are loaded into your cache... Nice effect!
    jojo, Jul 29, 2006