Laymen html question

oldbones55

I apologize if there's another place I should be asking this: Could
someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and take
jpgs off your website? Thanks.

Jonathan N. Little

I apologize if there's another place I should be asking this: Could
someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and take
jpgs off your website? Thanks.

Easy, in your HTML markup do not reference any images! Seriously, the
answer is with HTML it cannot be done, and in JavaScript you can give
the "illusion" that the images cannot be download but is is just that,
only an illusion.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jonathan said:
Easy, in your HTML markup do not reference any images! Seriously, the
answer is with HTML it cannot be done, and in JavaScript you can give
the "illusion" that the images cannot be download but is is just
that, only an illusion.

...and makes your site feel so ... amateurish!

Sid

On 28 Jul 2006 20:18:27 -0700, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

: I apologize if there's another place I should be asking this: Could
: someone just give me the html so that people can't right click and take
: jpgs off your website? Thanks.

Keep your images on your c:drive, locked away.

Sid

Chaddy2222

Jonathan said:
Easy, in your HTML markup do not reference any images! Seriously, the
answer is with HTML it cannot be done, and in JavaScript you can give
the "illusion" that the images cannot be download but is is just that,
only an illusion.

That's a good point.
I was just thinking though, could you not place your pics in an
external CSS file and place a display none reference on all images in
the stylesheet?.
A bit of a random idea of mine I know, but it might work (to an
extent).

David Dorward

Chaddy2222 said:
I was just thinking though, could you not place your pics in an
external CSS file and place a display none reference on all images in
the stylesheet?.

So to stop people downloading the images, you set them as background images
which don't get displayed?

Anyone interested could still look through the source code, and anyone else
wouldn't be able to see the images ... making it pointless to upload them
in the first place.

jojo

Chaddy2222 wrote:

[how can I save images from being downloaded using HTML?]
That's a good point.
I was just thinking though, could you not place your pics in an
external CSS file

Place images in a CSS file??????
and place a display none reference on all images in
the stylesheet?.
A bit of a random idea of mine I know, but it might work (to an
extent).

Would have the opposite effect of what the OP wants. You don't see the
images but they are loaded into your cache... Nice effect!