Layout help, please

Discussion in 'HTML' started by pixelmeow, May 30, 2005.

  1. pixelmeow

    pixelmeow Guest

    Hello all,

    I am trying to get one of my websites into a table-less layout, going
    one page at a time. Right now I'm working on this one page, along
    with the css file that I want to use with this part of my website.
    It's here:

    http://pixelmeow.com/Book_Exchange/list.htm

    and the css is here:

    http://pixelmeow.com/Book_Exchange/book.css

    The css has many snippets that I've found all over the place, and that
    very well may be the problem... anyway.

    I am very frustrated at this point, I've looked at so many examples
    and tried so many tutorials that my head hurts, but I just am not
    getting something. I just want a three column page with a header and
    a footer, but I can't get the footer to the bottom of the page. I
    haven't even tried to do the header yet.

    I nested the content divs inside the container div in the html as I've
    seen in so many examples, but nothing seems to be nested except the
    footer inside the container. I made the borders visible so I could
    see what was going on, as was said on one of the many websites I've
    bookmarked after finding them here. I thought the height of the
    tallest inner div would take care of the height of the container and
    push the footer to the bottom, but I am obviously not doing something
    right.

    Any advice you can give will (as always) be incredibly helpful. (you
    too, Will!)

    --
    ~teresa~

    =^..^= "Never try to outstubborn a cat." =^..^=
    http://www.storesonline.com/site/rowanmystic
    email my first name at pixelmeow dot com
    http://www.heinleinsociety.org/
    http://pixelmeow.com/

    http://www.usenet.com
    pixelmeow, May 30, 2005

  2. pixelmeow

    Miselaineous Guest

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 01:00:54 -0400, pixelmeow
    <> wrote:

    >and tried so many tutorials that my head hurts, but I just am not
    >getting something. I just want a three column page with a header and
    >a footer, but I can't get the footer to the bottom of the page. I
    >haven't even tried to do the header yet.

    Yeah, that can be a killer to get right.

    Check out Ruthsarian layouts for examples -- he does a brilliant and
    flexible 3-column with header and footer that works in every modern
    browser I know of.

    http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/index.html

    -Elaine
    mer
    Miselaineous, May 30, 2005

  3. pixelmeow

    pixelmeow Guest

    You won't *believe* what Miselaineous
    <> said on Mon, 30
    May 2005 17:45:37 GMT, in alt.html!!!

    >On Mon, 30 May 2005 01:00:54 -0400, pixelmeow
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>and tried so many tutorials that my head hurts, but I just am not
    >>getting something. I just want a three column page with a header and
    >>a footer, but I can't get the footer to the bottom of the page. I
    >>haven't even tried to do the header yet.
    >>

    >Yeah, that can be a killer to get right.
    >
    >Check out Ruthsarian layouts for examples -- he does a brilliant and
    >flexible 3-column with header and footer that works in every modern
    >browser I know of.
    >
    >http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/index.html
    >
    >-Elaine

    Thanks, Elaine, I will. :)