Layout question

nukleus

I am trying to restore a frame to its position from the last
time the app ran, but, for some reason, when bounds are saved,
the frame.y is offset by -19 pix from its true value.

Does anyone know what the issue is?
In following code, if you do:
MainFrameBounds = super.getBounds(); after app.show(),
rect has the same parameters as were loaded.

But, when you the same thing during save(), the
MainFrameBounds.y is offset by -19 pix.

Anybody knows what the issue is?
Thanks in advance.

public class Main extends MainFrame implements Runnable
{

Rectangle MainFrameBounds = new Rectangle();

public static void main (String args[])
{
NewsMaestro app = new NewsMaestro(args);
app.show();
}

public void show ()
{
this.setBounds(MainFrameBounds);
super.show();
}

void save()

MainFrameBounds = getBounds();

pout.print("Main_Frame_Bounds: "
+ MainFrameBounds.x + ", "
+ MainFrameBounds.y + ", "
+ MainFrameBounds.width + ", "
+ MainFrameBounds.height + NewLine);
}

void load()
{
(get bounds from parameters file)

super.setBounds(Bounds);

hiwa

[...]

Post a small demo code that is generally compilable, runnable and
could reproduce your problem. See: http://homepage1.nifty.com/algafield/sscce.html
and http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/java/newsgroups.html

Giles

I am trying to restore a frame to its position from the last
time the app ran, but, for some reason, when bounds are saved,
the frame.y is offset by -19 pix from its true value.

What is this chicken shite, you lil whiner?
You got any active neurons on line?
Are you gonna fall on yerr arse and cry like a 6 year old
pedo boy next?

Does anyone know what the issue is?
In following code, if you do:
MainFrameBounds = super.getBounds(); after app.show(),
rect has the same parameters as were loaded.

You suck?
But, when you the same thing during save(), the
MainFrameBounds.y is offset by -19 pix.

You give a ****?

Anybody knows what the issue is?

How big is yerr output hole?
Good enough fer a chainsaw?

Thanks in advance.

Is something broken with this thing?
public class Main extends MainFrame implements Runnable
{

Rectangle MainFrameBounds = new Rectangle();

public static void main (String args[])
{
NewsMaestro app = new NewsMaestro(args);
app.show();
}

public void show ()
{
this.setBounds(MainFrameBounds);
super.show();
}

void save()

MainFrameBounds = getBounds();

pout.print("Main_Frame_Bounds: "
+ MainFrameBounds.x + ", "
+ MainFrameBounds.y + ", "
+ MainFrameBounds.width + ", "
+ MainFrameBounds.height + NewLine);

Chainsaw up yerr arse.
You like?
Or you'd rather suck arse of a drunk gorilla?

nukleus

"Giles" said:
What is this chicken shite, you lil whiner?
You got any active neurons on line?
Are you gonna fall on yerr arse and cry like a 6 year old
pedo boy next?

Oh, DA dong beatle again?

I toldya already, suxy,
you have to dig deeper

and deeper

and deeper

and deeper

and deeper

and even deeper than that

Zo...

How's sucking?

Good enough fer breakfast?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gremlin,
Gremlin,

Come in pleeeze.

Could you turn off the lights in Washington DC?

Just fer a couple of hours...

Cause we are nukin' da house

of da white mouse

and ....

Well, thats top secret informationz

As a matter of intercourse.

And then?

You suck?

You lil chicken shit impersonator?
How big is yerr output hole?
Good enough fer a chainsaw?

Is it?

Is something broken with this thing?

Looks like it locked up or zomefin.

Would you like to talk to my monkay?
Chainsaw up yerr arse.
You like?

That was a compliment, dummy!

That was a typo.

The correct text is:

Or you'd rather suck DICK of a drunk gorilla?

You see how much difference such a lil thingy can make?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gremlin,
Gremlin,

We're coming.

Where?

void loadCrapUpToYerrEars()
{
(get more crap from Google and then Poogle)
super.setBunnies(HorseShitPile);

Lew

a bunch of over-the-top obscene nonsense.

nukleus wrote:
(understandably perturbed response to Giles's abuse.)

Nukleus, please do not feed this troll. "Giles" is obviously getting their
jollies just pissing you off. Don't give them the satisfaction.

You and I don't see eye to eye on many things, but I do not think you or we
should have to put up with the offensive playground insults "Giles" posted.

Ignore them.

- Lew

Giles

nukleus wrote:

(understandably perturbed response to Giles's abuse.)

Nukleus, please do not feed this troll. "Giles" is obviously getting their
jollies just pissing you off. Don't give them the satisfaction.

You and I don't see eye to eye on many things, but I do not think you or we
should have to put up with the offensive playground insults "Giles" posted.

Ignore them.

- Lew

Sorry, pal. I was minding my own business when "Nukleus" saw fit to
flame me.
I don't know who he is, and I don't care.
I never wrote to him or about him, so I don't know what his problem
is.
My "abuse" was ALL HIS RESPONSES to one of my posts.
100%. HIS WORDS
Nice guy, huh?
I just posted them back to him.
Have a nice day!

Lew

Sorry, pal. I was minding my own business when "Nukleus" saw fit to
flame me.
I don't know who he is, and I don't care.
I never wrote to him or about him, so I don't know what his problem
is.
My "abuse" was ALL HIS RESPONSES to one of my posts.
100%. HIS WORDS
Nice guy, huh?
I just posted them back to him.
Have a nice day!

Ah, I see. How very unfortunate.

It is true that some people's posting style is rather inflammatory. I have
more sympathy for your point of view now as well.

- Lew