LCID Problem.

George Hester

This has just started. I don't recal installing any updates or security fixes lately. But I am getting a script debugger notification just appearing on the desktop from dllhost. What this is is the executable responsible for the scripting in my web site namely here:

<!--#include virtual="/includes/setlcid.inc" -->
<%
SetLCID
%>

This is in the default.asp page. I can stop the scripting error by just commenting out the SerLCID. But I'd prefer not to do that. I'd prefer to come up with a fix. Here's the error as reported to me by the debugger:

SessionID: 006~ASP 0219~Invalid LCID~The specified LCID is not available.

I have included the inc file as an attachment.

I don't understand. This inc file has been operating just fine for the last 6 months. But now it seems to have died. Anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Thanks.

George Hester

strPos = InStr(1, strAcceptLanguage, ",")
If strPos > 0 Then
strAcceptLanguage = Left(strAcceptLanguage, strPos - 1)
End If

response.write strAcceptLanguage

What do you see? en-us

To this:

Response.Write strLCID
Response.End

What do you see? en-us1033

This was happening when someone connected to my default.asp page. My browser was not running. The script debugger was fireing up debugging dllhosts. And the error I gave in my first post is the error the debugger gave me. Sound to me like a language from a browser was set so that I didn't have them covered?