ld: fatal: too many symbols require `small' PIC references

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by adisabat@gmail.com, Oct 22, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I was linking a lot of libraries on Solaris10 sun studio 12 and I got
    the following errors:

    ld: fatal: too many symbols require `small' PIC references:
    have 3942, maximum 2048 -- recompile some modules -K PIC.
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target

    of course I tried to re-compile my code using -K PIC I mean c-code,
    but it did not solve my problem

    The option for linking are: CC -g -qoption ld -i -G

    any idea please?

    Rgds
    Antonio
    , Oct 22, 2008

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi
    >

    > I was linking a lot of libraries on Solaris10 sun studio 12 and I got
    > the following errors:
    >

    > ld: fatal: too many symbols require `small' PIC references:
    > have 3942, maximum 2048 -- recompile some modules -K PIC.
    > *** Error code 1
    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target

    The error says it all. I see you have also asked on
    comp.unix.programmer. One of the Sun Studio forums would have been more
    appropriate.

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Oct 22, 2008

  3. Ian Collins <> writes:
    > wrote:
    >> I was linking a lot of libraries on Solaris10 sun studio 12 and I got
    >> the following errors:
    >>

    >> ld: fatal: too many symbols require `small' PIC references:
    >> have 3942, maximum 2048 -- recompile some modules -K PIC.
    >> *** Error code 1
    >> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
    >>

    > The error says it all. I see you have also asked on
    > comp.unix.programmer. One of the Sun Studio forums would have been more
    > appropriate.

    Or comp.unix.solaris.

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Oct 23, 2008