LDAP Authentication

mg

Can someone please provide me with C# code that will
enable me to aurhenticate a user (username/password)
against an LDAP server.

George Durzi

I have it bookmarked at work, but you can easily find it if you search on
MSDN.

Search for Forms Authentication, Active Directory

I implement the solution, it works perfectly, you just provide an LDAP
connect string so your code knows what to auth against

mg

Is it possible to use the
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntrie class to do a
basic user authorization against a NON Microsoft V3 LDAP
directory?

Starting with

DirectoryEntry entry = new DirectoryEntry
("LDAP://xx.xx.xx:389/uid=xx,ou=xx,o=xx,c=US");

username = "xxx" password="xxx" where username/password
are those for the uid person ... not login to LDAP server.