LDAP library in Ruby

Michael Perle

Hi,

Looking for an LDAP module, I found so far
only bindings/APIs that use native libraries
like OpenLDAP in the back-end.

Does anybody know a library that builds on a low level
lib or API like socket, so that it can use LDAP directly
without installing additional non-Ruby software?

Or is perhaps somebody working on a Net::LDAP
module? :)

Thanks
MP

Wilson Bilkovich

Hi,

Looking for an LDAP module, I found so far
only bindings/APIs that use native libraries
like OpenLDAP in the back-end.

Does anybody know a library that builds on a low level
lib or API like socket, so that it can use LDAP directly
without installing additional non-Ruby software?

Or is perhaps somebody working on a Net::LDAP
module? :)

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/net-ldap/

Yep. Pure Ruby, and very nice.