LDAP Query Help

sck10

Hello,

I am running the routine below and I am getting the following error at For
Each result In srcLDAP.FindAll.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException. The requested authentication
method is not supported by the server.

Thanks in advance,

sck10

Sub LDAP(ByVal strID As String)
Dim strFilter As String = "(employeenumber = " & strID & ")"
Dim strLDAP As String =
"LDAP://ldap-uscentral.post.myaddress.com:389/o=myaddress.com/ou=people"
Dim dsLDAP As New DirectoryEntry(strLDAP)
Dim srcLDAP As New DirectorySearcher(dsLDAP)
Dim result As SearchResult
srcLDAP.Filter = (strFilter)
For Each result In srcLDAP.FindAll
Console.WriteLine(result.GetDirectoryEntry().Path)
Next
END Sub

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for vinay's input.

Hi Sck10,

As the error info is on "Security Authentication type", I also suggest you
specifying the AuthenticationType when constructing the DirectoryEntry, you
can have a look at the following MSDN reference:

#AuthenticationTypes
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sds/sds/directoryservices_authentica
tiontypes.asp?frame=true

In addition, since this is a purely ADSI issue, I suggest you try posting
in some other ADSI group to see whether any other
ADSI experts and provide some advice.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support