LDAP Query Help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sck10, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. sck10

    sck10 Guest

    Hello,

    I am running the routine below and I am getting the following error at For
    Each result In srcLDAP.FindAll.

    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException. The requested authentication
    method is not supported by the server.

    Thanks in advance,

    sck10

    Sub LDAP(ByVal strID As String)
    Dim strFilter As String = "(employeenumber = " & strID & ")"
    Dim strLDAP As String =
    "LDAP://ldap-uscentral.post.myaddress.com:389/o=myaddress.com/ou=people"
    Dim dsLDAP As New DirectoryEntry(strLDAP)
    Dim srcLDAP As New DirectorySearcher(dsLDAP)
    Dim result As SearchResult
    srcLDAP.Filter = (strFilter)
    For Each result In srcLDAP.FindAll
    Console.WriteLine(result.GetDirectoryEntry().Path)
    Next
    END Sub
    sck10, Jun 9, 2005

  2. did u try..

    Dim strLDAP As String =
    "LDAP://ldap-uscentral.post.myaddress.com:389/ou=people,DC=myaddress,DC=com,"
    --
    http://pathidotnet.blogspot.com
    =====

    =?Utf-8?B?dmluYXk=?=, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Thanks for vinay's input.

    Hi Sck10,

    As the error info is on "Security Authentication type", I also suggest you
    specifying the AuthenticationType when constructing the DirectoryEntry, you
    can have a look at the following MSDN reference:

    #AuthenticationTypes
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sds/sds/directoryservices_authentica
    tiontypes.asp?frame=true

    In addition, since this is a purely ADSI issue, I suggest you try posting
    in some other ADSI group to see whether any other
    ADSI experts and provide some advice.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support