    Anyone know if there is an issue with ASP.NET 2.0 and
    DirectoryServices/LDAP?

    Thanks

    jfer, Sep 22, 2005

  2. jfer

    jfer Guest

    I forgot to mention that it was connecting to an LDAP server (SunONE)
    not an Active Directory via syntax like "LDAP:\\"

    Thanks

    jfer, Sep 22, 2005

  3. jfer

    jfer Guest

    I just wanted to add I was able to get it working using Novell's C#
    LDAP library.

    However I am still interested if anyone has sucessfully got the
    System.DirectoryServices library working in ASP.NET 2.0.

    Thanks

    jfer, Sep 23, 2005
  4. I've been working on a similar with asp.net 2.0. I'm trying to build an
    iPlanet/Sun One provider for authentication. Would you be willing to share
    your solution that uses the Novell C#?

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obm55TycnQ2xvY2tAY29tbXVuaXR5Lm5vc3Bh, Oct 19, 2005
  5. You're seeing the same thing many others of us dealing with 3rd party LDAP
    hosts are. Evenyone is focusing on LDAP as it pertains to AD.

    In the mean time most of our methods developed and proven under 1.1
    framework are totally broken under 2.0.

    I've got some fractured code working on my 3rd party LDAP host but still am
    trying to fix problems with it.

    This looks like a huge hole left in VS2005 most likely on purpose. As
    beautiful as the data connector is on SQL stuff to leave the LDAP world
    hanging like this says very little good. Very much "back of the bus" approch
    to a core part of the majority of enterprises.

    Will be happy to share when I get something worked out but I'm NOT a
    application coder, I'm a web dev so it is a slow process.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIENhcnRlcg==?=, Dec 7, 2005
  6. jfer

    Guest

    I have a similar problem. 1.1 -> 2.0. Now the code is broke and I look
    like a fool to my customer(boss). Any help appreciated. Should I just
    reference the prior version of System.DirectoryServices?

    TIA,

    Out -

    , Dec 20, 2005
  7. jfer

    Guest

    Found something more on this; using LDP.EXE I can perform a "Simple
    Bind" but not a "Bind With Credentials". I guess this confirms the
    proper LDAP path is being used, but not much more.

    wrote:
    > I have a similar problem. 1.1 -> 2.0. Now the code is broke and I look
    > like a fool to my customer(boss). Any help appreciated. Should I just
    > reference the prior version of System.DirectoryServices?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Out -

    , Jan 4, 2006
  8. jfer

    Guest

    Solved!
    Credit goes to a coworker who told me about "AuthenticationTypes.None".

    HTH
    -Brian

    , Jan 12, 2006