LDAP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by vinay, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. vinay

    vinay Guest

    Hi

    I am using ADAM as i am using XP prof.
    I am getting error while creating new GROUP.

    "System.UnauthorizedAccessException - General access denied error"

    Dim de As DirectoryEntry = New
    DirectoryEntry("LDAP://localhost:389/CN=Builtin,DC=XXX,DC=com")

    Dim newProcCntr As DirectoryEntry = newGroup.Children.Add("CN=" &
    txtProcessName.Text, "group")

    Dim newGroup As DirectoryEntry = de.Children.Add("CN=vs3." +
    txtNewGroup.Text, "group")

    newGroup.CommitChanges()
    newProcCntr.CommitChanges()

    Any suggestions?

    --
    http://pathidotnet.blogspot.com
    =====

    vinay, Apr 27, 2005

  2. It sounds like you are not binding with credentials that allow you to create
    a group in ADAM. Since you are not specifying credentials in your bind
    below, S.DS is using the current security context. Is that user in the ADAM
    Administrators role?

    You can also pass in the windows username (domain\user), password and
    AuthenticationTypes.Secure if you want bind as a different user.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Apr 27, 2005

  3. vinay

    Vinay Guest

    HI Joe

    How to create a Custom ObjectClass using System.DirectoryServices using

    ..NET ??
    Also how to create Custom Attributes??
    Thanks Vinay

    Vinay, May 3, 2005
  4. This is the answer I posted on the mailing list you cross-posted to:
    -------
    Don't. It isn't really worth it to extend the schema with SDS. Use LDIF
    files instead.

    To learn more about extending the schema in general (which you need to),
    read the entire section on extending the schema in the MSDN Active Directory
    reference at least twice before proceeding. There is a fair amount to learn
    there.

    Also, practice schema extensions on an ADAM instance. Schema changes don't
    get do-overs if you mess up, so make sure it works in ADAM before putting it
    in your AD.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), May 3, 2005