LDAP

vinay

Hi

I am using ADAM as i am using XP prof.
I am getting error while creating new GROUP.

"System.UnauthorizedAccessException - General access denied error"

Dim de As DirectoryEntry = New
DirectoryEntry("LDAP://localhost:389/CN=Builtin,DC=XXX,DC=com")

Dim newProcCntr As DirectoryEntry = newGroup.Children.Add("CN=" &
txtProcessName.Text, "group")

Dim newGroup As DirectoryEntry = de.Children.Add("CN=vs3." +
txtNewGroup.Text, "group")

newGroup.CommitChanges()
newProcCntr.CommitChanges()

Any suggestions?

--
http://pathidotnet.blogspot.com
=====

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

It sounds like you are not binding with credentials that allow you to create
a group in ADAM. Since you are not specifying credentials in your bind
below, S.DS is using the current security context. Is that user in the ADAM
Administrators role?

You can also pass in the windows username (domain\user), password and
AuthenticationTypes.Secure if you want bind as a different user.

Joe K.

Vinay

HI Joe

How to create a Custom ObjectClass using System.DirectoryServices using

..NET ??
Also how to create Custom Attributes??
Thanks Vinay

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

This is the answer I posted on the mailing list you cross-posted to:
-------
Don't. It isn't really worth it to extend the schema with SDS. Use LDIF
files instead.

To learn more about extending the schema in general (which you need to),
read the entire section on extending the schema in the MSDN Active Directory
reference at least twice before proceeding. There is a fair amount to learn
there.

Also, practice schema extensions on an ADAM instance. Schema changes don't
get do-overs if you mess up, so make sure it works in ADAM before putting it
in your AD.

Joe K.