[leadership/opensource] invitation to online survey

Discussion in 'Python' started by NeXTstep, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. NeXTstep

    NeXTstep Guest

    Dear all,

    I have just put online a survey addressing the topic of "leadership
    in the open-source environment". Basically, my objective is to
    identify the personal conceptions of good (or bad) leadership that reside in
    the minds of the contributors, in terms of leaders' _behaviors_ and
    _characteristics_.

    What is a good (or conversely, a bad) open-source project leader, from the
    contributor's point of view? To what extent, those personal believes are
    shared among developers? Can the contributor's national cultural belonging
    and level of experience in contributing to open-source projects explain such
    differences in their idea of what a good (or bad) leader is?

    I would really appreciate your participation to the survey! Contribution
    (*completely* anonymous) consists in rating a list of statements that may be
    used to describe the behaviors of an open-source leader. It will take around
    ten minutes - there aren't any "time-consuming" open ended questions;)

    Following, the link to the survey:

    http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=52191

    If you are interested, I will not miss to email you a link to the
    final report, when ready ;) (approx, a couple of months from now)

    Thank you in advance, and don't hesitate to contact me if you have
    any questions or comments :)

    Gianluca Bosco

    Denmark Technical University
    Department of manufacturing engineering and management

    NeXTstep, Feb 2, 2004