Leapfrogging backwards works in Firefox but not in IE

Norman Swartz

The script works in Firefox but not in IE.

Here's what I want to do:

file1.htm loads file2.htm
file2.htm loads file3.htm
The "Back" button in file3.htm returns the user to file1.htm

Here is how I coded the script which is placed into file2.htm:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JAVASCRIPT TYPE="TEXT/JAVASCRIPT">
function leapfrog()
{
kludge = window.location.replace("./file3.htm")
}
</SCRIPT>
:
:

In Firefox, this coding works exactly as I want. But in IE, when one
clicks on the "Back" tab in file3.htm, one is returned to file2.htm
instead of file1.htm. What changes are needed so that the code works as
I want in both IE and Firefox? Thanks.