Leapfrogging backwards works in Firefox but not in IE

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Norman Swartz, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. The script works in Firefox but not in IE.

    Here's what I want to do:

    file1.htm loads file2.htm
    file2.htm loads file3.htm
    The "Back" button in file3.htm returns the user to file1.htm

    Here is how I coded the script which is placed into file2.htm:

    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JAVASCRIPT TYPE="TEXT/JAVASCRIPT">
    function leapfrog()
    {
    kludge = window.location.replace("./file3.htm")
    }
    </SCRIPT>
    :
    :

    In Firefox, this coding works exactly as I want. But in IE, when one
    clicks on the "Back" tab in file3.htm, one is returned to file2.htm
    instead of file1.htm. What changes are needed so that the code works as
    I want in both IE and Firefox? Thanks.
    Norman Swartz, Oct 12, 2006