    textbook and course. The text came with 5 1/4 diskettes [now lost].
    Q: Anyone know where I could download the diskettes?
    TIA.../rc

    R Crook, Dec 14, 2003

  2. R Crook

    Tim Miller Guest

    In article <>,
    R Crook <> wrote:
    >Hi...I would like to download the 3 1/2 diskettes for MS's Learn C Now
    >textbook and course. The text came with 5 1/4 diskettes [now lost].
    >Q: Anyone know where I could download the diskettes?

    This doesn't at all answer your question, but I happen to have a copy of
    that book (picked up for a quarter at a flea market) and I don't think
    it's a particularly good text to learn C from. The example code does
    things such as spuriously cast malloc and even worse, uses
    gets(stdin) IIRC. I'm mostly a lurker, but I think most here would
    recommend using K&R2 if you want to learn C.

    -Tim Miller

    Tim Miller, Dec 15, 2003

  3. R Crook

    R Crook Guest

    Thanks to All...I have re-installed Watcom C/C++ version 10.5 CD
    software...I have a K&G text,not sure which release.../rc

    R Crook, Dec 15, 2003
  4. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 06:42:38 -0500, R Crook wrote:

    > Thanks to All...I have re-installed Watcom C/C++ version 10.5 CD
    > software...I have a K&G text,not sure which release.../rc

    The newest one is the one that has "ANSI C" "stamped" on the cover. If
    you have an older one be aware that things may have changed.

    --
    NPV

    "the large print giveth, and the small print taketh away"
    Tom Waits - Step right up

    Nils Petter Vaskinn, Dec 15, 2003