    Thank you

    (I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm French and I am learning English)
    , Jan 19, 2007

  2. Marcus Kwok Guest

    wrote:
    > Do you known a good site to learn the C++ ?
    > I've understood the bases of the programming, I've done some Java and
    > VB6.

    There is the "Correct C++ Tutorial" by Alf P. Steinbach:
    http://home.no.net/dubjai/win32cpptut/html/

    A good thing to read (and refer to often!) is the C++ FAQ Lite:
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-learn-cpp.html
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    For book recommendations, see the "Book Reviews" section of
    http://accu.org/ (the Association of C and C++ Users)
    (the book reviews were temporarily unavailable when I checked though)

    Since you said you already have some previous programming experience, a
    highly-recommended book is "Accelerated C++" by Koenig and Moo:
    http://www.acceleratedcpp.com/

    --
    Marcus Kwok
    Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply
    Marcus Kwok, Jan 19, 2007

  3. Bogdan Ribic Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Do you known a good site to learn the C++ ?

    There is a free online book, "Thinking in C++" by Bruce Eckels, with
    good introduction to C++ standard (ie, no MFC).
    Bogdan Ribic, Jan 19, 2007
  4. Super Robert Guest

    Super Robert, Jan 20, 2007

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Do you known a good site to learn the C++ ?
    > I've understood the bases of the programming, I've done some Java and
    > VB6.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > (I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm French and I am learning English)

    If you are having difficulties with English, you may do better to find
    a site that is in French.
    , Jan 20, 2007

    On 20 jan, 18:43, wrote:
    > > (I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm French and I am learning English)

    >If you are having difficulties with English, you may do better to find
    > a site that is in French.

    I've tried to find a good french site but I don't have found. In
    french, there is nothing to begin the C++.
    , Jan 20, 2007
  7. John Carson Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 20 jan, 18:43, wrote:
    >>> (I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm French and I am learning
    >>> English)

    >> If you are having difficulties with English, you may do better to
    >> find a site that is in French.

    > I've tried to find a good french site but I don't have found. In
    > french, there is nothing to begin the C++.

    I was going to point out that the french equivalent of this newsgroup is

    fr.comp.lang.c++

    but I see you are already posting there. Given the language difficulties, I
    doubt that you will find this newsgroup better.

    --
    John Carson
    John Carson, Jan 21, 2007
  8. Default User Guest

    wrote:

    > On 20 jan, 18:43, wrote:
    > > > (I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm French and I am learning
    > > > English)

    > > If you are having difficulties with English, you may do better to
    > > find a site that is in French.

    > I've tried to find a good french site but I don't have found. In
    > french, there is nothing to begin the C++.

    Well, there is fr.comp.lang.c++. However, looking at it in google it
    seems to be a relatively low-traffic group, on the order of 3-5 posts
    per day. I'd say stick here. We're pretty accomodating of people who
    struggle with English, and in fact yours really isn't that bad.

    Brian
    Default User, Jan 21, 2007
  9. Default User Guest

    John Carson wrote:

    > <> wrote in message

    > > I've tried to find a good french site but I don't have found. In
    > > french, there is nothing to begin the C++.

    > I was going to point out that the french equivalent of this newsgroup
    > is
    >
    > fr.comp.lang.c++
    >
    > but I see you are already posting there. Given the language
    > difficulties, I doubt that you will find this newsgroup better.

    Considering the negligible traffic there, I doubt he would find it
    better.

    Brian
  10. John Carson Guest

    "Default User" <> wrote in message
    > John Carson wrote:
    >
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> I've tried to find a good french site but I don't have found. In
    >>> french, there is nothing to begin the C++.

    >> I was going to point out that the french equivalent of this newsgroup
    >> is
    >>
    >> fr.comp.lang.c++
    >>
    >> but I see you are already posting there. Given the language
    >> difficulties, I doubt that you will find this newsgroup better.

    > Considering the negligible traffic there, I doubt he would find it
    > better.

    Not being a French speaker, I can't speak with confidence, but I think you
    are using an overly demanding standard of an active newsgroup. comp.lang.c++
    is exceptionally active. There are several newsgroups that I read (Windows
    newsgroups), which have much less traffic, but where nevertheless most
    questions get answered satisfactorily.

    --
    John Carson
    John Carson, Jan 21, 2007
  11. <> a écrit ...

    Try www.developpez.com

    --

    Etienne
    Etienne Rousee, Jan 21, 2007
  12. Default User Guest

    John Carson wrote:

    > "Default User" <> wrote in message
    > > John Carson wrote:
    > >
    > >><> wrote in message

    > > > I was going to point out that the french equivalent of this
    > > > newsgroup is
    > > >
    > > > fr.comp.lang.c++
    > > >
    > > > but I see you are already posting there. Given the language
    > > > difficulties, I doubt that you will find this newsgroup better.

    > > Considering the negligible traffic there, I doubt he would find it
    > > better.

    > Not being a French speaker, I can't speak with confidence, but I
    > think you are using an overly demanding standard of an active
    > newsgroup. comp.lang.c++ is exceptionally active. There are several
    > newsgroups that I read (Windows newsgroups), which have much less
    > traffic, but where nevertheless most questions get answered
    > satisfactorily.

    Have you actually looked at the traffic in fclc++? I'm talking a
    handful of posts per day, less than ten most days, often less than five.

    As the OP was familiar with it, I'd say the it doesn't meet his needs.
    Why are we arguing? He has as much right as anyone here. If language
    difficulties cut down on his replies then that's one of the hazards.

    Brian
  13. John Carson Guest

    "Default User" <> wrote in message
    > John Carson wrote:
    >
    >> "Default User" <> wrote in message

    >>> Considering the negligible traffic there, I doubt he would find it
    >>> better.

    >> Not being a French speaker, I can't speak with confidence, but I
    >> think you are using an overly demanding standard of an active
    >> newsgroup. comp.lang.c++ is exceptionally active. There are several
    >> newsgroups that I read (Windows newsgroups), which have much less
    >> traffic, but where nevertheless most questions get answered
    >> satisfactorily.

    > Have you actually looked at the traffic in fclc++? I'm talking a
    > handful of posts per day, less than ten most days, often less than
    > five.

    Yes I know. Plenty of Windows newsgroups have that many or less (primarily
    because there are so many Windows newsgroups).

    > As the OP was familiar with it, I'd say the it doesn't meet his needs.
    > Why are we arguing? He has as much right as anyone here. If language
    > difficulties cut down on his replies then that's one of the hazards.

    I agree that it is entirely up to the OP. It is merely my 2 cents worth that
    precision of expression can be important in resolving programming questions
    and that language difficulties may hamper that. But the OP has every right
    to post here if desired.

    --
    John Carson
    John Carson, Jan 21, 2007