Learning ASP question...

Mangler

I am tired of relying on a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver to do
server side programming, I am finding it limiting not knowing how to
write my own code.

Can anyone suggest a good place to start learning ASP from the ground
up? Specifcs, if there is a good book, which one? If there are good
classes which ones?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Mangler
I am tired of relying on a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver to do
server side programming, I am finding it limiting not knowing how to
write my own code.

I suggest you get yourself a good plain text editor, one with syntax
highlighting is preferred. I use HTML-Kit from [http://chami.com/html-
kit] (watch wrapping), because it is light weight, has syntax
highlighting, code completion, the ability to save snippets and
templates, and there are hundreds of plugins available for it which make
writing ASP a snap.
Can anyone suggest a good place to start learning ASP from the ground
up? Specifcs, if there is a good book, which one? If there are good
classes which ones?

Actually, I found W3schools to be pretty good when I was starting off.
Don't go there for the HTML (a lot of it is wrong), but the ASP Classic
seems to be okay.

Also [http://4guysfromrolla.com] and [http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/] were
of great help.

I'm sure someone will be along here soon with more.