    Can anyone suggest a good place to start learning ASP from the ground
    up? Specifcs, if there is a good book, which one? If there are good
    classes which ones?

    Mangler, May 21, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Mangler
    <> writing in news:9576b2cb-db33-43cb-bc32-
    :

    > I am tired of relying on a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver to do
    > server side programming, I am finding it limiting not knowing how to
    > write my own code.

    I suggest you get yourself a good plain text editor, one with syntax
    highlighting is preferred. I use HTML-Kit from [http://chami.com/html-
    kit] (watch wrapping), because it is light weight, has syntax
    highlighting, code completion, the ability to save snippets and
    templates, and there are hundreds of plugins available for it which make
    writing ASP a snap.

    > Can anyone suggest a good place to start learning ASP from the ground
    > up? Specifcs, if there is a good book, which one? If there are good
    > classes which ones?

    Actually, I found W3schools to be pretty good when I was starting off.
    Don't go there for the HTML (a lot of it is wrong), but the ASP Classic
    seems to be okay.

    Also [http://4guysfromrolla.com] and [http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/] were
    of great help.

    I'm sure someone will be along here soon with more.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, May 21, 2009