Learning Borland C++ Builder uses

Verne

Can anyone tell me where to look for some sample code programs for
simple window developement by Builder 6 C++. I know the C++ fairly
well but tryint to understand and learn how to use the Enterprise
edidtion of Builder 6 by Borland.

Please.

Verne

Victor Bazarov

Verne said:
Can anyone tell me where to look for some sample code programs for
simple window developement by Builder 6 C++. I know the C++ fairly
well but tryint to understand and learn how to use the Enterprise
edidtion of Builder 6 by Borland.

Please.

How about you ask the same question in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer
or in borland.public.cppbuilder.* newsgroups? I bet they know more
than we here about Borland C++ and Windows development...

Jonathan Turkanis

Verne said:
Can anyone tell me where to look for some sample code programs for
simple window developement by Builder 6 C++. I know the C++ fairly
well but tryint to understand and learn how to use the Enterprise
edidtion of Builder 6 by Borland.

Please.

Try some of the newsgroups at newsgroups.borland.com, such as the various
borland.public.cppbuilder.* groups. Also, I have the professional edition and it
seems to have a lot of tutorial material under Help->C++Builder Help.

Your question is off topic here.

Jonathan

Verne

Thanks for the answers and though not just what I was looking for it
may give me an idea. I thought this was a C++ group here so must be
blind or something but the groups heading is Comp.lang.c++. Perhaps
my new eyes decieve me or the likes.

If you are using dos still then you really are behind the
times and with XP it's useless.

Verne

Ioannis Vranos

Verne said:
Thanks for the answers and though not just what I was looking for it
may give me an idea. I thought this was a C++ group here so must be
blind or something but the groups heading is Comp.lang.c++. Perhaps
my new eyes decieve me or the likes.

If you are using dos still then you really are behind the
times and with XP it's useless.

No, but the topic of this newsgroup is the C++ language itself, as
defined by the ISO C++ standard. For system-specific libraries,
compilers etc, one should refer to the appropriate system-specific
newsgroups.

Consider for example that I am programming in .NET, someone else with
the QT API under Linux using GCC, someone else using Intel compiler with
QT for Linux, someone else using Win32 API, with a GCC port in Windows,
someone else creating 3D games using OpenGL under Mac OS, and the list
never ends, all these with C++.

Questions on all the system-specific topics should be posted to the
system-specific newsgroups. The topic of this newsgroup is ISO C++.

Ioannis Vranos

Jonathan said:
Who said anything about DOS?

Obviously he thinks that all C++ programming is done for Windows only,
and with Borland C++ Builder only. :)

Jonathan Turkanis