    Please guide

    Regards

    Kaushal

    kaushal, Oct 31, 2011

  2. kaushal

    gaoqiang Guest

    On Oct 31, 12:33 pm, kaushal <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning
    > C understanding concepts and fundamentals.
    >
    > Please guide
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Kaushal

    C and pointer

    gaoqiang, Oct 31, 2011

  3. On Oct 31, 5:35 am, gaoqiang <> wrote:
    > On Oct 31, 12:33 pm, kaushal <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning
    > > C understanding concepts and fundamentals.

    > > Please guide

    This book is excellent:-

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language

    Unfortunately many on-line tutorials are very poor. This newsgroup has
    a wiki (but I don't think it's updated too often) http://clc-wiki.net/

    > C and pointer

    how is that helpful. It doesn't even make sense.

    Nick Keighley, Oct 31, 2011
  4. kaushal

    flebber Guest

    On Oct 31, 9:37 pm, Nick Keighley <>
    wrote:
    > On Oct 31, 5:35 am, gaoqiang <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Oct 31, 12:33 pm, kaushal <> wrote:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning
    > > > C understanding concepts and fundamentals.

    > > > Please guide

    > This book is excellent:-
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language
    >
    > Unfortunately many on-line tutorials are very poor. This newsgroup has
    > a wiki (but I don't think it's updated too often)http://clc-wiki.net/
    >
    > > C and pointer

    > how is that helpful. It doesn't even make sense.

    There is a whole video tutorials series here
    http://www.wibit.net/curriculum/the_c_lineage/programming_in_c

    Also there is some tutorials here http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c/lesson1.html
    And I have been finding this very helpful http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ansi_c/index.htm

    Sayth

    flebber, Oct 31, 2011
  5. kaushal

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 31/10/11 05:33, kaushal a écrit :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning
    > C understanding concepts and fundamentals.
    >
    > Please guide
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Kaushal

    You download (at no charge) the C tutorial of the lcc-win
    compiler.

    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    You can download the compiler too, at the same address.

    With that you have everything you need to
    learn and use C.

    You can ask any further questions in comp.compilers.lcc

    jacob

    jacob navia, Oct 31, 2011
  6. On 2011-10-31, Nick Keighley <> wrote:
    > On Oct 31, 5:35 am, gaoqiang <> wrote:
    >> On Oct 31, 12:33 pm, kaushal <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,

    >> > I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning
    >> > C understanding concepts and fundamentals.

    >> > Please guide

    > This book is excellent:-
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language

    a book from Wikibooks,
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming

    a PDF version
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/C_Programming.pdf

    --
    Best Regards,
    Mike Manilone.

    Mike Manilone, Oct 31, 2011
  7. On 2011-10-31 05:33, kaushal wrote:
    > I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning
    > C understanding concepts and fundamentals.

    The book "C Programming: A Modern Approach" by K. N. King has been very
    well received. Has anyone read it?

    August

    August Karlstrom, Oct 31, 2011
  8. kaushal

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 31/10/11 11:37, Nick Keighley a écrit :
    > On Oct 31, 5:35 am, gaoqiang<> wrote:
    >> On Oct 31, 12:33 pm, kaushal<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,

    >>> I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning
    >>> C understanding concepts and fundamentals.

    >>> Please guide

    > This book is excellent:-
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language
    >
    > Unfortunately many on-line tutorials are very poor.

    Maybe but that tutorial is really bad.

    When explaining the control flow statements it would be nice to
    mention (at least) break and continue... longjmp() should be mentioned
    too.

    The level of that tutorial is really bad, mostly cut/paste from
    some man pages, without detailed examples, etc.

    The tutorial I wrote tries to improve the quality of the material
    presented but will never be mentioned in this group. To give an idea
    of the scope of my work here is the table of contents:

    1 Introduction to C
    1.1 Why learn C?

    1.2 Program organization
    1.3 Hello
    Program input 14
    What are "function parameters"?
    Console mode programs and windows programs
    1.4 An overview of the compilation process
    1.4.1 The run time environment
    We wrote the program first
    We compiled our design
    Run time
    1.5 An overview of the standard libraries

    The "stdheaders.h" header
    1.5.1 Passing arguments to a program
    Implementation details
    1.6 Iteration constructs
    1.6.1 for
    1.6.2 while
    1.6.3 do
    1.6.4 break and continue
    1.7 Types
    1.7.1 What is a type?
    1.7.2 Types classification
    1.7.3 Integer types
    1.7.4 Floating types
    1.7.5 Compatible types
    1.7.6 Incomplete types
    1.7.7 Qualified types
    1.7.8 Casting
    1.7.9 The basic types
    1.8 Declarations and definitions
    1.2 Standard type sizes in lcc-win
    1.3 Increased precision numbers in lcc-win
    1.4 Type sizes for lcc-win 64 bits
    1.5 Minimum size of standard types
    1.8.1 Variable declaration
    1.8.2 Function declarations
    1.8.3 Function definitions
    1.8.4 Scope of identifiers
    1.8.5 Linkage and duration of objects
    1.8.6 Variable definition
    1.8.7 Statement syntax
    1.9 Errors and warnings
    1.10 Input and output
    1.6 File operations
    1.10.1 Predefined devices
    1.10.2 The typical sequence of operations
    1.10.3 Examples
    1.10.4 Other input/output functions
    The current position
    1.10.5 File buffering
    Error conditions
    1.11 Commenting the source code
    1.11.1 Describing a function
    1.11.2 Describing a file
    1.12 An overview of the whole language
    1.12.1 Statements
    1.12.2 Declarations
    1.12.3 Pre-processor
    1.12.4 Control-flow
    1.12.5 Extensions of lcc-win

    2 A closer view
    2.1 Identifiers.
    2.1.1 Identifier scope and linkage
    2.2 Constants
    2.2.1 Evaluation of constants
    Constant expressions
    2.2.2 Integer constants
    2.2.3 Floating constants
    2.2.4 Character string constants
    2.2.5 Character abbreviations
    2.3 Arrays
    2.3.1 Variable length arrays.
    2.3.2 Array initialization
    2.3.3 Compound literals
    2.4 Function calls
    2.4.1 Prototypes.
    2.4.2 Functions with variable number of arguments.
    Implementation details
    2.4.3 stdcall
    2.4.4 Inline
    2.5 Assignment.
    2.6 The four operations
    2.6.1 Integer division
    2.6.2 Overflow
    2.6.3 Postfix
    2.7 Conditional operator
    2.8.1 Should we use the register keyword?
    2.9 Sizeof
    2.10 Enum
    2.10.1 Const.
    Implementation details
    2.11 Goto
    2.12 Break and continue statements
    2.13 Return
    2.13.1 Two types of return statements
    2.13.2 Returning a structure
    2.13.3 Never return a pointer to a local variable
    2.13.4 Unsigned
    2.14 Null statements
    2.15 Switch statement
    2.16 Logical operators
    2.17 Bitwise operators
    2.18 Shift operators
    2.19 Address-of operator
    2.20 Indirection
    2.21 Sequential expressions
    2.22 Casts
    2.22.1 When to use casts
    2.22.2 When not to use casts
    2.23 Selection
    2.24 Predefined identifiers
    2.25 Precedence of the different operators.
    2.26 The printf family
    2.1 The parts of a printf specification
    2.2 Prototypes for the main functions of the printf family
    2.26.1 Conversions
    2.3 The conversion flags
    2.26.2 The minimum field width
    2.26.3 The precision
    2.26.4 The conversions
    2.26.5 Scanning values
    2.4 The size specification
    2.6 scanf directives
    2.27 Pointers
    2.27.1 Operations with pointers
    2.27.2 Addition or subtraction of a displacement: pointer arithmetic
    2.27.3 Subtraction
    2.27.4 Relational operators
    2.27.5 Null pointers
    2.27.6 Pointers and arrays
    2.27.7 Assigning a value to a pointer
    2.27.8 References
    2.27.9 Why pointers?
    2.28 setjmp and longjmp
    2.28.1 General usage
    2.28.2 Register variables and longjmp
    2.29 Time and date functions
    3 Simple programs
    3.1 strchr
    3.1.1 How can strchr fail?
    3.2 strlen
    3.2.1 A straightforward implementation
    3.2.2 An implementation by D. E. Knuth
    3.2.3 How can strlen fail?
    3.3 ispowerOfTwo
    3.3.1 How can this program fail?
    3.3.2 Write ispowerOfTwo without any loops
    3.4 signum
    3.5 strlwr
    3.5.1 How can this program fail?
    3.6 paste
    3.6.1 How can this program fail?.
    3.7 Using arrays and sorting
    3.7.1 How to sort arrays
    3.7.2 Other qsort applications
    3.7.3 Quicksort problems
    3.8 Counting words
    3.8.1 The organization of the table
    3.8.2 Memory organization
    3.8.3 Displaying the results
    3.8.4 Code review
    3.9 Hexdump
    3.9.1 Analysis
    3.9.2 Exercises
    3.10 Text processing
    3.10.1 Detailed view
    main
    ProcessChar
    ReadLongComment and ReadLineComment
    ReadCharConstant
    OutputStrings
    3.10.2 Analysis
    3.10.3 Exercises:
    3.11 Using containers

    4 Structures and unions
    4.1 Structures
    4.1.1 Structure size
    4.1.2 Using the pragma pack feature
    4.1.3 Structure packing in other environments
    Gcc
    Hewlett Packard
    IBM
    Comeau computing C
    Microsoft
    4.1.4 Bit fields
    4.2 Unions
    4.3 Using structures
    4.4 Basic data structures
    4.4.1 Lists
    4.4.2 Hash tables
    4.4.3 The container library of lcc-win
    4.5 Fine points of structure use

    5 Simple programs using structures
    5.1 Reversing a linked list
    5.1.1 Discussion
    An improvement
    Preconditions

    6 A closer look at the pre-processor
    6.1 Preprocessor commands
    6.1.1 Preprocessor macros
    6.2 Conditional compilation
    6.3 The pragma directive
    6.4 Token concatenation
    6.5 The \# operator
    6.6 The include directive
    6.7 Things to watch when using the preprocessor
    7 More advanced stuff
    7.1 Using function pointers
    7.2 Using the "signal" function

    7.2.1 Discussion
    longjmp usage
    Guard pages
    8 Advanced C programming with lcc-win
    8.1 Operator overloading
    8.1.1 What is operator overloading?
    8.1.2 Rules for the arguments
    8.1.3 Name resolution
    8.1.4 Differences to C++
    8.2 Generic functions
    8.2.1 Usage rules
    8.3 Default arguments
    8.4 References

    9 Numerical programming
    9.1 Floating point formats
    9.1.1 Float (32 bit) format
    9.1.2 Long double (80 bit) format
    9.1.3 The qfloat format
    9.1.4 Special numbers
    9.2 Range
    9.3 Precision
    9.4 Understanding exactly the floating point format
    9.5 Rounding modes
    9.6 The machine epsilon
    9.7 Rounding
    9.8 Using the floating point environment
    9.8.1 The status flags
    9.8.2 Reinitializing the floating point environment
    9.9 Numerical stability
    9.9.1 Algebra doesn't work
    9.9.2 Underflow
    9.10 The math library
    10 Memory management and memory layout
    10.1 Functions for memory management

    10.2 Memory management strategies
    10.2.1 Static buffers
    Advantages:
    Drawbacks:
    10.3 Stack based allocation
    Advantages:
    Drawbacks:
    10.3.1 "Arena" based allocation
    Advantages:
    Drawbacks:
    10.4 The malloc / free strategy
    Advantages:
    Drawbacks:
    10.5 The malloc with no free strategy
    Advantages:
    Drawbacks:
    10.6 Automatic freeing (garbage collection).
    Advantages:
    Drawbacks:
    10.7 Mixed strategies
    10.8 A debugging implementation of malloc
    10.8.1 Improving allocate/release
    11 The libraries of lcc-win
    11.1 The regular expressions library.
    11.2 Using qfloats: Some examples
    11.3 Using bignums: some examples

    12 Pitfalls of the C language
    12.1 Defining a variable in a header file
    12.2 Confusing = and ==
    12.3 Forgetting to close a comment
    12.4 Easily changed block scope.
    12.5 Using increment or decrement more than once in an expression.
    12.6 Unexpected Operator Precedence
    12.7 Extra Semi-colon in Macros
    12.8 Watch those semicolons!
    12.9 Assuming pointer size is equal to integer size
    12.10 Careful with unsigned numbers
    12.11 Changing constant strings
    12.12 Indefinite order of evaluation
    12.13 A local variable shadows a global one
    12.14 Careful with integer wraparound
    12.15 Problems with integer casting
    12.16 Octal numbers
    12.17 Wrong assumptions with realloc
    12.18 Be careful with integer overflow
    12.18.1 Overflow in calloc
    12.19 The abs macro can yield a negative number.
    12.20 Adding two positive numbers might make the result smaller.
    12.21 Assigning a value avoiding truncation
    12.22 The C standard
    12.22.1 Standard word salads
    12.22.2 A buffer overflow in the C standard document
    Getting rid of buffer overflows
    Buffer overflows are not inevitable.
    The attitude of the committee
    12.22.3 A better implementation of asctime

    13 Bibliography
    Appendices
    .1 Using the command line compiler

    jacob navia, Oct 31, 2011
  9. jacob navia <> writes:

    > Le 31/10/11 11:37, Nick Keighley a écrit :

    >> This book is excellent:-
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language
    >>
    >> Unfortunately many on-line tutorials are very poor.

    > Maybe but that tutorial is really bad.

    What is "that tutorial"? Your reply is to a link about the book -- and
    the book has a very good tutorial.

    <snip>
    --
    Ben.

    Ben Bacarisse, Oct 31, 2011
  10. kaushal

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 31/10/11 17:01, Ben Bacarisse a écrit :
    > jacob navia<> writes:

    >>> This book is excellent:-
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately many on-line tutorials are very poor.

    >> Maybe but that tutorial is really bad.

    > What is "that tutorial"? Your reply is to a link about the book -- and
    > the book has a very good tutorial.
    >
    > <snip>

    The one in the wikipedia pages
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming

    jacob navia, Oct 31, 2011
  11. kaushal

    Seebs Guest

    On 2011-10-31, August Karlstrom <> wrote:
    > The book "C Programming: A Modern Approach" by K. N. King has been very
    > well received. Has anyone read it?

    Yes. Full disclosure: I also did a technical review pass on the second
    edition.

    I love it. I think it is a better way to learn C than K&R, and I do not
    say that particularly lightly.

    -s

    Seebs, Oct 31, 2011
  12. kaushal wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning
    > C understanding concepts and fundamentals.

    Think of a problem that can be solved by programming and solve it using
    C. As well as K&R, Harbison & Steele might be useful.

    Frederick Williams, Oct 31, 2011
  13. kaushal

    tea strainer Guest

    jacob navia writes:

    > Le 31/10/11 05:33, kaushal a écrit :
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning C
    >> understanding concepts and fundamentals.
    >>
    >> Please guide
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Kaushal

    > You download (at no charge) the C tutorial of the [snip] compiler.
    >
    > [commercial advertisement snipped]
    >
    > You can download the compiler too, at the same address.
    >
    > With that you have everything you need to learn and use C.

    Give it a rest, spammer.

    Your unsolicited commercial messages are not welcome here.

    In any case the OP probably wants to learn Standard C, not your erroneous
    non-conforming dialect.

    tea strainer, Oct 31, 2011
  14. kaushal

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 31/10/11 22:16, tea strainer a écrit :
    > jacob navia writes:
    >
    >> Le 31/10/11 05:33, kaushal a écrit :
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I am a newbie with no programming experience. How do i start learning C
    >>> understanding concepts and fundamentals.
    >>>
    >>> Please guide
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> Kaushal

    >> You download (at no charge) the C tutorial of the lcc-win compiler.

    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    > Your solicited messages are welcome here.
    >
    > In all cases the OP wants to lcc-win, not your boring
    > conforming dialect.

    Thanks anonymous coward. It is a pleasure to notice you again,
    having a spammer that feels necessary to answer all my messages
    is a big boost to my humble ego.

    Please go on...

    :)

    jacob navia, Oct 31, 2011
  15. On Oct 31, 3:37 pm, jacob navia <> wrote:
    > Le 31/10/11 11:37, Nick Keighley a écrit :

    > > This book is excellent:-

    > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language

    > > Unfortunately many on-line tutorials are very poor.

    > Maybe but that tutorial is really bad.

    K&R? Atre you serious. I know you're a wally that thinks he's a genius
    but this takes the biscuit.

    > When explaining the control flow statements it would be nice to
    > mention (at least) break and continue... longjmp() should be mentioned
    > too.
    >
    > The level of that tutorial is really bad, mostly cut/paste from
    > some man pages, without detailed examples, etc.
    >
    > The tutorial I wrote tries to improve the quality of the material
    > presented but will never be mentioned in this group. To give an idea
    > of the scope of my work here is the table of contents:
    >
    >         1       Introduction to C
    >         1.1     Why learn C?

    <snip spam>

    Nick Keighley, Nov 1, 2011
  16. kaushal

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 01/11/11 14:18, Nick Keighley a écrit :
    > On Oct 31, 3:37 pm, jacob navia<> wrote:

    >>> This book is excellent:-

    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language

    >>> Unfortunately many on-line tutorials are very poor.

    >> Maybe but that tutorial is really bad.

    > K&R? Atre you serious. I know you're a wally that thinks he's a genius
    > but this takes the biscuit.

    I am speaking about the tutorial of wiki, moron, learn how to read.
    This one
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming

    >> When explaining the control flow statements it would be nice to
    >> mention (at least) break and continue... longjmp() should be mentioned
    >> too.
    >>
    >> The level of that tutorial is really bad, mostly cut/paste from
    >> some man pages, without detailed examples, etc.

    You would have seen immediately that I wasn't speaking about
    the book of K&R.

    jacob navia, Nov 1, 2011
  17. kaushal

    Bill Reid Guest

    On Nov 1, 6:18 am, Nick Keighley <>
    wrote:
    > On Oct 31, 3:37 pm, jacob navia <> wrote:

    > > > This book is excellent:-

    > > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language

    > > > Unfortunately many on-line tutorials are very poor.

    > > Maybe but that tutorial is really bad.

    > K&R? Atre you serious. I know you're a wally that thinks he's a genius
    > but this takes the biscuit.

    Mate, go soak yer head in the billybong...K&R sucks for learning
    how to program in "C" for a rank novice, and I should know, because
    I tried to use it several decades ago for that purpose, and made
    no headway until I threw it away and got another book, which
    wasn't great, but just about anything is better than K&R...

    What I'm detecting here is a concept I call "books written
    by 'technical experts' for 'technical experts' for the sole
    purpose of perpetuating 'technical expertise'". I use the
    sarcastic quote marks around 'technical expertise' because
    the real goal is apparently to create as much confusion
    as possible so when management comes around and asks why
    nothing has happened the 'technical experts' can spout a
    bunch of carefully scripted gooble-de-gook as an excuse...

    > > When explaining the control flow statements it would be nice to
    > > mention (at least) break and continue... longjmp() should be mentioned
    > > too.

    You know, you would think completism would be the sole
    virtue of the book, but noooooooooo...

    > > The level of that tutorial is really bad, mostly cut/paste from
    > > some man pages, without detailed examples, etc.

    The real problem is that "example is not explanation"; the
    book explains nothing but merely presents random snippets of
    code and let's the reader puzzle it out for themself...

    > > The tutorial I wrote tries to improve the quality of the material
    > > presented but will never be mentioned in this group. To give an idea
    > > of the scope of my work here is the table of contents:

    > >         1       Introduction to C
    > >         1.1     Why learn C?

    > <snip spam>

    Yeah, I began a book many years ago to REALLY explain "C"
    to non-programmers; suffice is to say my table of contents
    was subtansially different than the typical "C" book, because
    it was written with the basic premise that "C" was developed
    as hateful prank against everybody in the world who got laid
    more than Kernighan and Ritchie in high school...

    Aside from that, my goal was to first simply explain basic
    computer science and general programming concepts (which
    is a missing prerequisite in many purported "beginner"
    programming language books), and THEN to EXPLAIN the
    basic concepts of "C" compiling protocols, and so forth...

    ---
    William Ernest Reid

    Bill Reid, Nov 1, 2011
  18. kaushal

    John Gordon Guest

    In <j8ot6i$fm3$> jacob navia <> writes:

    > >> Maybe but that tutorial is really bad.

    > > K&R? Atre you serious. I know you're a wally that thinks he's a genius
    > > but this takes the biscuit.
    > >

    > I am speaking about the tutorial of wiki, moron, learn how to read.
    > This one
    > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming

    Jacob,

    Why did you respond to the link to
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language

    by saying "that tutorial is really bad", when you were actually referring to
    this link:

    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming

    It's a completely different website (wikibooks.org vs. wikipedia.org).

    B is for Basil, assaulted by bears

    John Gordon, Nov 1, 2011
  19. kaushal

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 01/11/11 22:52, John Gordon a écrit :

    >>> K&R? Atre you serious. I know you're a wally that thinks he's a genius
    >>> but this takes the biscuit.
    >>>

    >> I am speaking about the tutorial of wiki, moron, learn how to read.
    >> This one
    >> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming

    > Jacob,
    >
    > Why did you respond to the link to
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language
    >
    > by saying "that tutorial is really bad", when you were actually referring to
    > this link:
    >
    > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming
    >
    > It's a completely different website (wikibooks.org vs. wikipedia.org).

    Because I did a mistake in the "reply to" probably. In any case it is
    completely impossible to imply that in the book of K&R you will find

    <quote>
    When explaining the control flow statements it would be nice to
    mention (at least) break and continue... longjmp() should be mentioned
    too.
    The level of that tutorial is really bad, mostly cut/paste from
    some man pages, without detailed examples, etc.
    <end quote>

    I was obviously speaking about something else as I clarified to Ben
    Becarisse two days ago in this same thread.

    But even if I repeat that, nothing matters, I will be flamed for
    claiming that K&R is a bad tutorial when I have it in the Biliography
    section of my tutorial!

    jacob navia, Nov 1, 2011
  20. kaushal

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    Seebs <> wrote:

    > On 2011-10-31, August Karlstrom <> wrote:
    > > The book "C Programming: A Modern Approach" by K. N. King has been very
    > > well received. Has anyone read it?

    > Yes. Full disclosure: I also did a technical review pass on the second
    > edition.
    >
    > I love it. I think it is a better way to learn C than K&R, and I do not
    > say that particularly lightly.

    Ok but over 800 pages for a book on C? Isn't that a little excessive?

    Nomen Nescio, Nov 2, 2011