Learning HTML: building a Web Site: What do you think of this www?

Adrienne Boswell

Ouch. How is godaddy in this regard? I don't mind using their servers
since they are giving good service ATM (for most of my needs). But still
curious.

Registering with GoDaddy is fine - Web hosting has been a pain a few times,
so I wouldn't recommend them for that.

Andy Dingley

Am I doing something wrong then? I changed the content-type value for the
index page to xml on the site I'm building for my friend

http://www.ladolcevita.org.uk/

You only changed the embedded <meta>, which is over-ridden by the HTTP
content-type header:

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:33:38 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.33
Last-Modified: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:22:02 GMT
Etag: "1ca400d-f03-46cfe6aa"

So you're still using text/html overall

it still works fine as far as I can see. Even in IE6.

Change the header properly and it'll break in IE

Also, if you have to embed a comment like "Simon, start editing here and
remember to use tags", then well-formed XML just isn't going to last 5
minutes. Stick with HTML, you'll get better error recovery.