    Thanks
    Angsa

    , Feb 13, 2007

  2. bugbear Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello.....
    > I need your opinion on this. I don't have any programming experience
    > in Java.
    > I only have minimal experience in C++ programming but that was many
    > many years (> 5 years) ago.
    > Do you think it is possible to start learning J2EE without any
    > experience in Java?

    Only to the extend that you learn java at the same time.

    Java is not a conceptually difficult language;
    in practice "Java Experience" is (actually) familiarity
    with libraries and working practices.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Feb 13, 2007

  3. On 13.02.2007 11:59, wrote:
    > I need your opinion on this. I don't have any programming experience
    > in Java.
    > I only have minimal experience in C++ programming but that was many
    > many years (> 5 years) ago.
    > Do you think it is possible to start learning J2EE without any
    > experience in Java?

    That depends on what you mean by "learning". You can certainly read all
    the conceptual documentation and understand a great deal of it without
    Java knowledge. Does that mean you can go into a shop and build up a
    J2EE system? Most likely not.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Feb 13, 2007
  4. Alex Hunsley Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello.....
    > I need your opinion on this. I don't have any programming experience
    > in Java.
    > I only have minimal experience in C++ programming but that was many
    > many years (> 5 years) ago.
    > Do you think it is possible to start learning J2EE without any
    > experience in Java?

    Yes and no. Yes, in theory you could start learning J2EE and Java and
    the same time, and learn a certain amount. But 'no' in that you wouldn't
    be very experienced at Java, and confusion over Java language issues
    versus confusion over J2EE concepts and issues would trip you up - if
    something wasn't working the way you expected, how would you know if it
    was a J2EE issue/concept, or just an issue with your understanding of
    Java? In short, learning something is more fruitful when you limit the
    amount of unknowns.
    So in summary, I don't think it's wise.

    What you gives you the interest in learning J2EE in particular, by the way?

    Alex Hunsley, Feb 13, 2007
  5. Sanjay Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello.....
    > I need your opinion on this. I don't have any programming experience
    > in Java.
    > I only have minimal experience in C++ programming but that was many
    > many years (> 5 years) ago.
    > Do you think it is possible to start learning J2EE without any
    > experience in Java?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Angsa

    I woldn't advise that. I am one of those people, who migrated to
    java/j2ee from something else. It is incrementally harder to grasp
    everything without knowing core java first. Besides if you are good at
    c++, you can learn java with a week.

    Sanjay, Feb 16, 2007